News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Losing Weight

Started by 68chargerboy, July 09, 2006, 09:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

i have a 66 monaco with a 440 that i am attempting to make into a streeet/strip hot rod.  i was wodering if you guys could give me some advice on how to shed my cars weight to 3700-3800 pounds.  i still want the car to look decent inside but if i have to i could take out the back seat and such. thanks

Zach

greenpigs

Some depends on your budget as far as aluminum heads, intake and water pump housing.

Then there are the front seats you could replace with fiberglass buckets. Use caution as some suck as far as comfort.

Lightweight rims a good cleaning of the car with a power washer including the engine bay. If you need a battery soon I would get a dry cell one as they are quit a bit lighter. The heater and the package it is in was sorta heavy in my Charger but only if it is a nice weather car would I jank that out. Of course the sway bar if so equipped could come out if it is a drag car.

Starting with such a big car is a handicap but you you know that , undercoating, sound deadener, some of this stuff only costs your time to do the work. Make sure the drivetrain is running 100% and I would weigh the car before I start doing anything so you can see the results later on a re-weigh.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

68chargerboy

ok,  i am planning on buying aluminum heads, intake, waterpump and housing.  also do you know of any god fiberglass seats?  Thanks

Zach

greenpigs

I have Jaz seats but on long trips they could get uncomfortable, however they only weigh a few pounds.

Its out of my budget for now but I would like an aluminum driveshaft.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

68chargerboy

are you inyerested in selling the seats or wher can i get them.  also how long is a long trip for you like 30mins or 20 hours.  thanks alot

Zach

greenpigs

Summits\Jegs carry them and they are all I have so I don't want to sell.

A long trip to me in the Charger would beĀ  2 hrs.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Wicked69

Dont forget aluminium radiator... 40 pounds lighter than stock 3 core

Mefirst

Fiberglas hood, front fenders doors and trunk lid.. Lexan windows... etc, etc... Move the battery to the trunk..

It al depends on how serious you want to make your ride... the more weight you loose, the faster the car will be....

/Tom