News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

performer rpm intake

Started by darkside, July 12, 2006, 09:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkside

Anyone have any pics of their performer rpm intake set up 383-440.I'm going to run one on my 383 with a demon  carb.

andyf

Here is a picture of a Perf RPM with Demon carb.  Demon doesn't sell a throttle adapter that mates up with the Mopar kickdown linkage so I designed my own.  I also designed a taller than stock throttle bracket to keep everything in alignment.

darkside

looks good,what air cleaner are you running?

deputycrawford

I run my RPM with the stock linkage plate but used the adapter form the Edelbrock carb I had on it. I had to maek the center hole larger but It worked right away. I also had my intake ports smoothed and matched all the way to the plenum. Looks good and runs great.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

deputycrawford

Also, Darkside, I run the 1.25 inch drop air cleaner base with the K&N 2 inch filter and top. http://geocities.com/kc8lbo/charger/charger.html      Check out the pics. I don't have the filter on but you'll get the idea of the mighty and the RPM.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

darkside

Kirkvkid

When I hooked up my Demon I used a Holley adaptor for Mopars.  I read this over on another forum.  They said the Demon is pretty much a Holley only redesigned make tuning easier and add more features racers want.

Only thing I had to do was bend the bracket out slightly (off the carb of course), they had mentioned this as well.  I believe this is the part number, HLY-20-7   Maybe this can give you a few options.
-Sal

andyf

Or you could just buy the correct Mopar throttle adapter that is designed for the Demon carbs.  Mancini Racing carries them and so does Don at FBO.  www.magnumhp.com also has them.