News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

unitec speed blaster review

Started by The Ghoul, July 17, 2006, 07:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

This is the best $50 I have ever spent.
I bought one of those stand up compression fed sand blasters for $200 back when and could barely use it because it kept clogging and was way too much for my 30 gallon 5HP compressor.
This blaster is worth its weight in gold as far as I'm concerned.
It is a little gravity feed hand held blaster.
So far I did 2 bumper brackets, it took me only 45minuts to do the two of them (would have been less if I scraped off the under coat first. I had to fill the hopper on it 3 times per bracket and I let the compressor build fully between brackets.
This works better than any blaster I have used so far and is just right for my compressor.
I basically don't have enough positive words in my vocabulary to fully explain this product.
I will post pics of the tool tomorrow.

Rack

That's good to hear, Ghoul. I've been looking for a good soda blaster. Could you use soda in it?

The Ghoul

Quote from: Rack on July 17, 2006, 07:42:12 PM
That's good to hear, Ghoul. I've been looking for a good soda blaster. Could you use soda in it?

I am not too sure what soda blasting is? So I cant advise you on that.
If it helps any the instructions state not to use abrasive over 14 grit.
I am hoping to find a glass bead mead that fits this criteria for aluminum use.
My father just dumped his bike so he wants me to work some chrome powder coating magic on this primary covers.

Rack

Quote from: The Ghoul on July 17, 2006, 07:57:29 PM
Quote from: Rack on July 17, 2006, 07:42:12 PM

I am not too sure what soda blasting is? So I cant advise you on that.
If it helps any the instructions state not to use abrasive over 14 grit.
I am hoping to find a glass bead mead that fits this criteria for aluminum use.
My father just dumped his bike so he wants me to work some chrome powder coating magic on this primary covers.

Soda blasting is blasting with baking soda (basically). It's safe to use on sheet metal and it safe for the environment. But I believe (not too sure) it requires a bit more pressure due to it being a finer "grain". If the instructions say not to use over 14 grit then you probably can't use baking soda.

67hcode

Ghoul,

I completely agree. It's about the best tool i've bought since i started restoring my car! I use it all the time. tons of rusty parts on these old cars that this thing makes easy work of them. I even did all of my rusty fender bolts with it. Drilled a bunch of holes in a 2x4, threaded the bolts in a little and in 10 minutes they were rust free. have done hood hinges and different brackets too.

Rack

The Ghoul

Quote from: Rack on July 22, 2006, 05:27:16 PM
Quote from: The Ghoul on July 17, 2006, 07:37:10 PM

I will post pics of the tool tomorrow.

Did you get the pics taken yet? :D

Edit: Is this the one you bought, Ghoul?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4434547204&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Yeah Im a slacker sorry.
no that is nothing like mine...
mines blue.. LOL
Im just joking around. yes thats the exact one and is well worth every $!!!
Ill throw some baking soda in mine and let you know what it does, but this thing is only rated at 100psi, so if it requires more than that it wont work.