News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another trunk question

Started by runningman, July 18, 2006, 11:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

I am currently cutting out all the rusted out trunk areas (pretty much everything).  Previous owner cut out some of the trunk areas but left most of the old metal on the frame rails and the lip that is spot welded on the tail section.  My question is on the rear lip, the part that is bent up 1/2" or so to spot weld the rear valence and tail light section.  Does the new trunk pans have enough metal on the back of them to bend up and use for the rear lip or am I going to have to weld another small piece onto the back of it?  If I am confusing anyone let me know, I will try and get some good pics tonight.  thanks

bill440rt

The repop trunk floors just end flat, they do not turn up at the back. I simply left a little "meat" of the old trunk floor with the little lip intact & laid the new trunk floor over it. It gave me a little 1/2 - 3/4" flange to weld to. Well,,, technically I glued my floor in this area with panel bond adhesive. I just laid my new trunk floor over the little lip in the back.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

runningman

Yeah that is what I figured, I had to hack that lip area off to repair some rusted spots and he didn't leave me much metal to work with anyways.  Have any pics of your repairs in that area??  thanks  matt

69 charger man

this is what i did.. i made a 90* bend and welded it to the rear of the floor pan..i had to cut it into 3 pices to fit in the break at school but it did the job.. hope it helps..
-ray

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

runningman

thanks for the pics, that is what I needed to see.