News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

replacing front floor pans

Started by AmadeusCharger500, July 19, 2006, 09:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

Is it possible to find replacement panels for just the front under the feet area?
I have holes through on the front panels especially driver side, a car I just bought. I have seen 3/4 panels or complete panels from year one for $139 plus the outragious shipping. Is there a place that sells just the front portion. Or would it be just as good to have a body guy fab in some sheet metal there.

Also if I were to do this myself, and I do not weld! Do I cut them out up to the seem sealer on the outer rail or is just up to the end of the rust okay?

Is it possible to replace with glue and rivets?

Thanks

73chargers4404

yearone has smaller sections.i cant weld woth a shit ,so i cut the old floor out and fited it in and paid a shop to weld them in it was 130 for both sides 3/4 on both sides thats a big chunk of the floor so yours would probley be half that amount.i would suggest for your first time buying a flange tool and overlap the metal.i had mine but welded and its alot harder to fit but if you do decide to to but weld it .put your patch in trace around it ,now go a bout 2inchs from the line and cut out that section be sure to do this becuse every chunk of metal you remove the patch panel drops down a little .after you cut out from the 2inch mark lay youe patch in ,and your line will have moved down so trace agian .i just  cut a little put in ,cut a little more until theres a very small gap between panels .hope this helps

Mike DC

The car's original metal is ALWAYS better than ANY of the repro pieces, so don't cut out any more of the original metal than nessecary. 

And there's no rule about using all or part of any patch panel.  If you have to buy a large patch panel and only use half of it, that's fine.  In the long run it's a much better idea to spend extra money on repro sheetmetal than any of the alternatives.  Sure beats hacking out more of the original floors than nessecary or welding in crappy patchwork.

AmadeusCharger500

I found the smaller panels. Got them from Hardens.
The rust spot is completely localized to under the drivers feet over to the seem on the door side and up almost to the seem under the pedals.
So do you drill out the spot welds on the door side?
And then cut under the seem sealer under the pedals.
Btw, Is that a but weld?
And then for the other 2 sides just enough to get all the rust?