News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

acceleration stumble

Started by deathcharger71, July 20, 2006, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

i get a bad stumble when i get on the gas for about 2 seconds then it runs like a bat out of hell. its worse from a stop, but always does it when i give it gas quickly. im running a 650 double pumper, from what ive read its running to rich at idle? or maybe just too rich in general. how could i fix this? the guy who tuned up my car when i had the charging system checked claimed that it was loading up and im just gonna have to live with it, but ive had it running without loading up before so i know its possible to fix....

dodge freak

Sounds too lean-accelerator pump problem, your carb. has 2-one in front and one in back. Sounds like it could be the back one, when the motors cold, so you don't flood it- take the air cleaner off and open the throttle all the way by hand, you should see gas coming out on both sides -front and back- if so its ok but sometimes you have to change the pump cams but if it was ok that should not be it. Pumps do go bad but not offten.

Chryco Psycho

makes Sure there si no play in the linkage , if there is it will bog , there should be a squirt the instant the throttle blades move
you may need a larger squirter if there is no play in the arms

deputycrawford

Also check things like the idle screw position. If you are using too much of the idle screw then you are running on the main circuit. A double pumper is not known for that, but it helps to check everything. You may have to change the idle curcuit and then start to tune.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.