News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fender patch

Started by Mrfixit, July 23, 2006, 09:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrfixit

I know they can be purchased but my budget is a little tight right now. Got into the kids construction paper, went out and started taping some of it to the better fender on the charger. Cut out a really good template, transfered it to a sheet of metal that i got for odds and end patches, cut it out a little oversize and proceeded to make a pretty good piece. My template came off the right side but the patch is going on the left so i had to make it the opposite way if that makes sense. With a little more work it should be as good as any for sale. My metal working skills are still in the early stages, but it amazes me that with a little time and effort, and some hammers and dollies, some cool stuff can be fabricated. To turn a flat piece of steel into something three dimensional, and see it happening right in front of my eyes is an awesome feeling. If this technique works for me, i'll use it to construct a piece for the valance area of the left fender too.

terrible one

That's great to hear man! It really is a great feeling when you do something like that by yourself, and can admire your handywork! Congrats, and good luck!