News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger drum brake set up

Started by hewi, July 27, 2006, 07:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hewi

G'day all.

Does anyone know where I can find some pics of a drum brake set up?

Cheers

Hewi

Shakey

Hope these help.

Shakey

A few more

Shakey

And a few more

Just 6T9 CHGR

Where else you gonna get a detailed answer like that in 30 mins? :cheers:

Good job Mike!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hewi

:o  Brilliant. Thanks for that.

Cheers, Bruce

mamatried01

Ok, that black pin holding the self adjusting arm, what is holding that to the brake shoe?

Thanks

mamatried01

What holds this black pin to the shoe?

y3chargerrt

resq302

Good god Mike.  After all that work and detailing, are you going to even want to drive it?!?!?!?  I must bow my hat to you..... You are more detail oriented than me.  ( and I am very anal when it comes to detailing a car). :scope:

Nice work and photos.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Shakey

Here are a couple of shots of them prior to going on the car.

Hopefully these help.

Shakey

Quote from: resq302 on November 14, 2006, 07:35:43 PM
Good god Mike.  After all that work and detailing, are you going to even want to drive it?!?!?!?  I must bow my hat to you..... You are more detail oriented than me.  ( and I am very anal when it comes to detailing a car). :scope:

Nice work and photos.

Hold on second Brian - the only item I detailed on that set up was the backing plates and the axles.  All of that other stuff came right out of the box from Car Quest.

Thanks just the same.   :icon_smile_big:

resq302

Quote from: Shakey on November 15, 2006, 07:52:23 AM

Nice work and photos.

Hold on second Brian - the only item I detailed on that set up was the backing plates and the axles.  All of that other stuff came right out of the box from Car Quest.

Ah ok, I guess I am used to looking at my dirty, brake dust covered hardware then.  Ha ha :rotz:  Your car is going to look GREAT when it is done. 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

firefighter3931

Mike, nice work and good pics ! Just a quick question : Where did you get the strut and e-brake levers from. I can't find any for the 11in rear drums.  :flame:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Shakey

Quote from: resq302 on November 15, 2006, 08:07:15 PM
Quote from: Shakey on November 15, 2006, 07:52:23 AM

Nice work and photos.

Ah ok, I guess I am used to looking at my dirty, brake dust covered hardware then.  Ha ha :rotz:  Your car is going to look GREAT when it is done. 

Thanks Brian.  I'm sure once it's done, whenever that may be, those pretty pasts will also be covered in brake dust, just like yours!   :cheers:

Shakey

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 15, 2006, 09:29:12 PM
Mike, nice work and good pics ! Just a quick question : Where did you get the strut and e-brake levers from. I can't find any for the 11in rear drums.  :flame:

Ron

Hi Ron,

Those parts were with my car when I bought it.  I just put all new self adjusting hardware on there from Car Quest.

Here are a couple of attachments that may help some of those who don't have a FSM.

These folks may be able to help you Ron:

Brad's NOS (http://www.bradsnosparts.com/)

Collector's Auto Supply (http://www.collectorsautosupply.com/)

Parts Voice (http://www.partsvoice.com/)

or you just may have to end up at the a salvage yard, which is always your best bet as you can check the item personally before purchasing it.

BTW - why are you worried about brakes, isn't your car going to have a parachute to stop it!   :D

firefighter3931

Thanks Mike....the links will come in handy !  :2thumbs:

No chute needed....it's a street car with a little 440  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

resq302

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 16, 2006, 09:46:36 AM
Thanks Mike....the links will come in handy !  :2thumbs:

No chute needed....it's a street car with a little 440  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Ron, is there any such thing as a little 440? :icon_smile_big:
Brian

firefighter3931

Quote from: resq302 on November 16, 2006, 11:30:27 AM

Ron, is there any such thing as a little 440? :icon_smile_big:

Brian, in these days of 500ci strokers...the std 3.75 stroke 440 is little  ;D ....allthough this one has a few tricks under the valvecovers  :devil:

Ron

resq302

You?  Tricks with motors?  Nah say it isnt so.   ;D  Shame you weren't closer as I'd brng my charger to you to fine tune it and get some extra ponies and performance out of it.  My engine is starting to break up now around 3000 rpms in 4th gear on the highway when I floor it.  Dont know if it is a fuel issue or timing issue at this point but also haven't had a chance to look into it.  Been too busy with this brake issue and getting everything set for the little one as the countdown is getting close.  Its like 4 or 5 weeks till due date.  Mama is getting restless which is causing me to do more work around the apartment getting stuff ready.
Brian