News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thermostat housing question

Started by Bones68charger, July 27, 2006, 07:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones68charger

I just spent all afternoon bolting on my new four barrel onto my 318. Well everything worked fine except my old thermostat housing is way too big for my new intake manifold.  Neither part store was able to help me. Does anyone know a part number for the smaller one that would fit my new Mopar Performance duel plane intake?

dodge freak

A auto store should have it, its for 1979 and newer motors, just tell the auto zone guys or where ever you go is for a 1982 fifth avenue with a 318 motor, they might have to order it.
Most manifolds take both sizes or just the big one, you are going to have a hard time getting a high flow t-stat for it. This is why I don't like Mopar parts anymore.

Plumcrazy

You'll probably have to get the housing from a dealer.   The auto parts stores would only have the smaller thermostats and gaskets.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

dodge freak

My auto part stores here in Michigan can get the housing, some china piece but it does work till you get one from the dealer or junk yard. Dealer would most likely be over $20 if not way more than that.