News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need A Picture of a 68 Charger Dash Pad

Started by hemirr, July 28, 2006, 02:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemirr

I sent my dash pad that came off of my 68 Charger to Just Dashes.  The just called me and said my pad was for a 69.  Can some one please send me a good picture of a 68 dash pad so that I can verify that I have the right one? 

8WHEELER

Here is a close up of my 68 Charger with the blue upper pad, you can see the notch area, hope it helps.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

hemirr

yes it did help, I have the wrong one.  It was on the car when I bought it.  I have never had a 68 so I didnt know.  You wouldnt happen to know where I can get one do you?

hemirr

I appreciate your picture.  Is it possible to get a top view.  I have access to another pad that looks simular but cant tell from this angle.

Brock Samson

I'm not sure but I think the '68 is NOT scooped out underneath like a '69-70. and plain view (top) is curved where the '69-70 is peaked in the center.
is that right?..  ???
Man I need to check that out...  :P

from..

http://www.scotleaidolrods.com/gl13.htm

nice eh?..

hemirr

I know what you mean.  Not having a good example to go from has got me confused.

bull

You're probably going to have to get one on Ebay or a swap meet, or buy one of the substandard reproduction ones. You might consider having your '69 dash restored by Just Dashes so you can sell it and make money for your '68. Original dash pads are kind of useless unless they're pretty much perfect. Or you could buy a core and have it restored by Just Dashes or buy a cover for it. There are many options but the best in my mind would be to find a nice original rather than have one restored or buy a repop.

8WHEELER

The 68 and 69 dash pads are very different. The 68 as you can see is only an inch thick with a small lip on the top.

This is a repo pad so it looks correct, but it is worthless, it has never seen sun and the PS is drooping already.
I noticed before I had it died blue to match the car, that is was flimsy, but was hoping it would be better
after installation, I was very wrong. The only way I found another 'pretty good' original 68 dash pad was on
ebay. It cost over $150.00 but it only needs one small dimple repair, then re-died to match the color blue, the
one I bought was blue but had 38yrs of weather, so it was a bit faded.

I can't believe they even sell those repo pads, they are flimsy as hell............

Dan

Ghoste

At least they sell a repop.  For 66 or 67 you are out of luck in the dash pad reproduction area.

hemirr

I got this pad from a buddy today, he thinks its out of a 68 charger.  Can anyone take a look and conform?

8WHEELER

Sure looks like one to me, do they think they can repair that one?

Dan

hemirr

Dont know but I am sending it and we'll see.  I really thank you for he help

8WHEELER

Please let me know if they will do it, I need a blue 68 pad done, but its in better shape, but I need a show piece  :rotz:

Dan

hemirr

Will do.  Just to let you know they are 12-16 weeks behind.  I sent a 69 and it was in good shape and wanted $300.00

bull

Quote from: hemirr on July 31, 2006, 06:47:16 AM
Will do.  Just to let you know they are 12-16 weeks behind.  I sent a 69 and it was in good shape and wanted $300.00

Here's a thought: Tell them they can have that '69 core if they'll knock a few bucks off the price of restoring the one you just got. :shruggy:

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on July 30, 2006, 02:30:10 AM
At least they sell a repop.  For 66 or 67 you are out of luck in the dash pad reproduction area.

Yes and no. Sometimes nothing is better than substandard because you don't waste money when there's nothing to buy.

COKE

I have a spare pad from a 68 ´and my car  is a 69´.
If a was in USA or you were in Spain,we could to change them :-\
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.