News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MSD box location help on 72 charger

Started by hawaiico, August 19, 2005, 01:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiico

I'm trying to mount a MSD 6AL box on a 72 Charger with AC.  Locations are limited that would look clean without mounting plates or something similiar.  Any suggestions and/or pics would be helpful.  Thanks, Bob
Have Charger, Will Travel .......

firefighter3931

Hi Bob, i guess things are tight under there with A/C and all the hoses etc...A good spot for the msd box is under the battery tray. This will keep the firewall from getting too cluttered up. Sorry, i don't have any pics but i've seen several cars with them mounted this way. The box will stay cooler as well because it's further away from the engine.   ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

hawaiico

Hey thanks, I was thinking about that location but was concerned about battery acid.   So, I located it behind the driver side headlights at the suggestion of the Rod shop in Lodi.   It's a flat wall, plenty of room, and wires to the battery and ground are close by.   Bob  
Have Charger, Will Travel .......

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

original72

i mounted mine in the same location but on the passenger side..... just easier for all the other connections and i just lengthened the power feed and ground wires to the battery....

cudaken

See more than one in the glove box as well.

Cuda Ken
I am back