News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

completed engine pics and more

Started by Pistolpete, July 31, 2006, 01:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

Hey gang,

Just thought I'd post a couple of pics of my now complete 440 6 pack (date matched) and a coouple of pics of my new (4 mos. old) baby boy! as you can see I've tried to start him off young!!just to update you the engine is a 440 bored .30 over, 11:1 comp, roller rockers, mopar cam, polish and port matched, 6 pack (obviously) etc., etc. .............

finally seeing some progress, still leaning on the body shop to finish the paint so I can start putting her back together......

BTW, did anyone notice the the top price (at least for a while) on the B-J auction on the weekend was a 69 Charger at 127,000 !!

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

RT DAVE

Nice pics, but get rid of that Fram filter! 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Brock Samson

Blown70

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 31, 2006, 01:52:27 PM
Nice pics, but get rid of that Fram filter! 

Agreed, if you would like to keep the motor running.

Tom

dodgecharger-fan

Nice!  When he's having trouble sleeping, you can sit him on top of the air cleaner witht he engine at idle..... :D

(and change that oil filter!)

Pistolpete

ummm..........maybe I'm a newbee but whats the big deal with the filter? whats the "correct" one to use and why?
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Mefirst

Quote from: Pistolpete on July 31, 2006, 04:05:28 PM
ummm..........maybe I'm a newbee but whats the big deal with the filter? whats the "correct" one to use and why?

The Fram filter is crap.. Use a better quality filter...

..other than that your 440 looks like a killer...

/Tom

chargermick

If you do a search on oil filters here at D.C. com you'll find that some of the guys put together some research that the Fram filters are some of the worst on the market. If I remember correctly, they're made of cardboard which is prone to failure. It can really trash your motor. I only use the Wix brand, which is also the same as Napa. These guys here provide the best info that's out there. By the way, gorgeous motor!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Your son is absolutely a handsome fella!   Looks right at home atop that aircleaner....give him a wrench and he'll be good to go!

Definately change that filter for beak in....WIX for me as well....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

GoodysGotaCUDA

Looks great!  :icon_smile_big:

Another vote to toss the fram. I run a Wix/Napa Gold.   :yesnod:

mopar_madman

awesome engine, he needs a mopar shirt ;)  purolator pure one filters are also good
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

firefighter3931

Nice looking moder Pete.  :2thumbs: Like the others said....ditch the fram for something better...anything IS better.  ;)

Cool pics of the little guy.....he's gonna really appreciate those pics 15 years from now, when he's slamming gears in your car !   :drive:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Pistolpete

thanks guys, I will definitely swap the filter now, I appreciate the heads up! and by the way, the little guy will definitely NOT be smashing gears in this thing at 16! eventually the torch willl be passed but I plan on enjoying this thing until either me or the car craps out, whatever comes first! (probably me)

thanks for the good reviews though

just looking for ideas but I'm of the opinion that the engine should be clean and not dress it up to much with chrome but I'm getting some flack for not doing up an engine like this a bit more, any opinions? (the headers are ceramic coated - I wanted black but they came back silver, I bitched a bit but they actuallly started growing on me)
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Brock Samson

looks great to me,..   :scope:
you could change the valve covers to either the stock orange or the "dress up" stock chrome style like I have, and and a chrome dip stick (also part of the "dress up package") they add little added flash that wont piss off any purists.. (maybe?...  :shruggy: ) and is kinda cheap.
i like your headers pipes like that,..

chrisII

anyone who frequents the cuda challenger forum will see that they have a member right now having to have a 1500mi 440-6 rebuildt due to a fram filter.thats the last time i buy one! luckly his engine builder is eating the bill,even tho he wouldnt really have to, something pretty much unheard of these days. on the other hand i think i just found a new engine builder.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Danny Gutierrez

The motor looks great.  Not too flashy, not too dull, just right!! :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

Ghoste

They sure look good when they're on the stand ready to go in don't they?  Your little guy looks cool sitting on top like that.  Definitely a pic that you'll both treasure someday.

4402tuff4u

Very nice job on both!! That is a good start with the young lad. He will appreciate it when he gets to borrow the keys from dad!! Nice job! :2thumbs: ...........and you know the fram thing already! :nana:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

472 R/T SE

Priceless.  I took my daughter to a car show when she was 4 months old.  ;) 

Motor looks great.  What are your plans for the car?  Are you going with a stock (wheels) look?  Interior?  I think that dictates what route you go with the looks of the motor.  ???

Here's that study on the oil filters.   http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/index.html

resq302

Engine looks sweet!  Wish I could be saying the same about my kid.  Found out last Wed that we will be having a girl.  Not that there is anything wrong with a little girl but was really hoping for a boy.  Anyway, like others have said...... toss that FRAM filter. 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

4402tuff4u

Quote from: resq302 on August 01, 2006, 03:16:21 PM
Engine looks sweet!  Wish I could be saying the same about my kid.  Found out last Wed that we will be having a girl.  Not that there is anything wrong with a little girl but was really hoping for a boy.  Anyway, like others have said...... toss that FRAM filter. 

Little girls are awesome. I have two daughters and I thank God for them constantly and count my blessing. There is nothing better than having your baby daughter fall as sleep in your chest while you both were watching TV. The first time you see her and make eye contact with her, it will change your mind immediately!! Watch and see.  :yesnod:   Congratulations too Brian! (sorry for the hi-jack) Back to your normal program.....
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Pistolpete

Looks like I'm going with the Magnum 500's all around, I have an all new complete tan interior for her and (I know I'm gonna catch flack for this one but......) I'm going with the 06 Go ManGO for the exterior (GASP !!) with a black RT stripe (originally T3 with white stripe). I just couldn't find a closer dodge "copper orange" colour, and the only other options were a mazda or Chevy colour and I just can't bring myself to do that !!

Anyway, with any luck it will be done by LATE fall (as long as I keep pestering my paint shop) - here's hoping!!!

Thanks

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

rare69

that picture of you and your son with the motor is priceless! wish my dad was into mopars like that when i was smaller than a six pac air cleaner! :yesnod: