News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**UPDATED**Will 68, 69 AND 70 body panels interchange?

Started by AirborneSilva, August 01, 2006, 11:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Sorry if the answer is obvious but I know that car makers have a tendency to change little things that can make a big difference.  I was looking at desert valley auto parts and they seem to have more complete 68's then they do 69's so I thought that if I got a 68 parts car I could still use the fenders and rear quarters but would have to weld in the marker lights for the 69.  If I'm way off here please let me know.

Thanks......

jaak

they are pretty much the same, just as you said different marker holes. I think the hood latches and mechanisms are different from 68-9.

Jason

AirborneSilva

Thank you Jason, yeah I would imagine that the hood latch would be different due to the center piece on the 69... 

JimShine

The fenders mounts that go to the inner fender are different bewteen the two years, but they can be interchanged anyway. The hoods have a small difference in that 1969 hoods have rectangular metal pads that sit the hood on the rubber bumpers mounted to the inner fenders.

AirborneSilva

Ok, I thought that I needed to add in the 70 Charger as well.  I am pretty sure that with the front bumper the fenders will not fit my 69, but how about the rest of the body parts?

Thank you all for your patience with what may seem like dumb or even obvious questions to you  ;D