News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do these pieces go?

Started by Dave68RT, August 01, 2006, 02:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave68RT

Need some help with these last few pieces to complete the resotration on my '68 R/T.  We have consulted the '68 service Manual and cannot find where these particular pieces go.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pls see attached pictures.
Thanks,
Scott B. (dave68rt's dad)

'68 Charger R/T

Blue Pentastar

1 and 3 go in the front fender wells to keep the splashing to a minimum. Don't remember exactly how they go but thats the best my memory can do. One of the other guys will probably do better like pictures. Can't recall from the picture what no 2 is any other pic's of it.
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

dodgecharger-fan

Agreed. I'll have to look up the location of number 1, but number 3 (in the second picture) goes under the K-frame area. I think it's riveted on?

Number 2 doesn't ring any bells but maybe a better picture would help.

jaak

heres a pic of #1, it goes on bottom front of fender, on this pic its off the ds fender, but its on the ps fender arrow

Blusmbl

#2 looks like the battery tray support.  I remember seeing it way back when...
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

resq302

#1 gets mounted on lower part of the inside front section of the fender and connects it to the valence.  The cut out part allows the bumper bracket to go through that area.

#3 Plastic k-frame splash shield that gets pop riveted (large flat head rivets) to the frame rail.  Held on by 2 or 3 rivets.

#2 I have never seen on my 69 Charger anywhere.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

DFS68_Charger

#2 bolts to the left side of the A/C compressor and to the front left exhaust manifold stud.

Dave68RT

'68 Charger R/T

BlK03Hemi/70RR

Number 2 looks like it goes up at the top af the wheel well and fender. I was just under my RR the other day and recall a piece like that...but thats just a feint memory, just a thought not an answer.
1970 Roadrunner
-Matching #'s HP 383
-Auto, 727 Console
-Air Grabber
-EV2 Car; Black Interior

'03 Hemi Ram Single Cab Short Bed
-Stock Performance (For Now)

4402tuff4u

If your car is an A/C car, like my 68 R/T, that bracket looks allot like the one of the A/C brackets. If it is, the bracket you are holding gets bolted to the A/C and the first stud on the exhaust manifold, driver side. That single hole end is the one that get slid on the first stud with a washer and grade 8 nut. The other end is bolted to the compressor.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Troy

Are you sure #2 isn't the brace for the front valence?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.