News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Washed the Car and Lost Guages, Turn Signals & Windshield Wipers...

Started by RT DAVE, August 01, 2006, 08:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

...would installing a hood to cowl seal prevent this from happening next time?   I had power to all the guages but I wasn't getting any readings.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Chryco Psycho

did you have power to the senders on the engine or just the guages behind the dash ?
if you have power the the senders it sounds like a bad engine ground whiuch makes no sense or it wouldn`t start

RT DAVE

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 02, 2006, 01:37:24 AM
did you have power to the senders on the engine or just the guages behind the dash ?
if you have power the the senders it sounds like a bad engine ground whiuch makes no sense or it wouldn`t start

Really ignorant question here, but how would I determine that?  The car ran and the backlights to the gauges worked.  I know that's not what you asked about, so I'm not sure why I restated that.  All I really did at that point was pull the thing in the garage because it was still 90* out at 8:30 at night.   Been waiting for it to cool down.  Still don't know if I've regained functionality of those gauges.  Will recheck and post by tomorrow.  All I know is I'm not buying any more projects.  I don't have the knowledge or the time at this point in my life.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT