News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally on the road again!

Started by Nupe, August 19, 2005, 05:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nupe

Well, after a year of being apart, then having to pull the tranny to be rebuilt again she is on the road.  :icon_smile_evil:

With my new wheels finally blasted and painted.  Thank you to Drdodge for the widened rear cop wheels.  ;)

Had to take these pics quick on the access road to the Poland Spring bottling plant (Hollis, ME).  They have security and I planned on a certain loss of traction through a couple gears.  :devil:  Sure is nice to finally drive a car again.  Luckily no Dukes references yet.  Have had a couple people comment how they like my car and that the new "Charger" is not real.  Take that Trevor Creed!  LOL

'79 Lil'Red Express.

Nupe

On another note:  I ordered the 2.5" dual exhaust kit from Jeg's.  Well, after 2 days of trying every conceivable arrangement of the 8 pieces (yes, 8 pieces) it still fits so bad that the tails sandwich in the shocks.  It is like riding with maxed-out air shocks.  :flame:  Hoping that ordering some Flowmaster tail pipes will help.  Just didn't have the bling for the Flowmaster exhaust and didn't want the loud 40 series mufflers.

And a special thanks to Jeg's operators who sent me to Tech, who sent me back to Customer service, who sent me back to Tech to sit on hold for 15 minutes until I hung up.  And no call back from them even though I had to give my cell # 3 times.  :eyes:  The kit lists what pipes are supposed to be, but no numbers on the pipes.  :icon_smile_dead:

On a positive note:  The guys at Advance who, for no apparent reason, had new front calipers with hardware including pins for $42 each  right on the shelf.  Plus core of $5 which, of course, I kept my originals.  :icon_smile_big:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

CB

Glad you are again enjoying your ride.
Looks cool man  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Nupe

Thanks guys!  It looks much better in pics, but I'll take the compliments.  :icon_smile_big:

Wish I had a copilot at the time for the smoke show I did after those pics.  Need new rear tires to match the fronts anyway. LOL

'79 Lil'Red Express.

JimShine

Very nice! Glad to see you kept it!

IBsmokin

a black Rt strips would look cool on your ride bro.

Telvis

cudaken

Mine is a 69 and I know all to well about the tight fit on the rear pipes. Last pair wore holes in the shocks and pipes.

I run air shocks at 15 PSI, just for that littel extra. If normal schocks I would have been fine.

Mine has been off the road for about 5 months now. Hope to fire up the new engine this weekend. Boy timing is juat a little off. Gas is $2.59 for the cheap stuff and out of work? Then strapp on the GMC 6-71 Blower, hum. Oh what the Chevy, pay the life insurances, take the Charger out and nail it hard, I will not have any problem's left ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

NHCharger

Glad to see you are back in service.
BTW, There is supposed to be a get-together/cruise around Lake Winnipeasakee on Sept. 11. HemiJimbo on the Moparts board is trying to get it organized. I'm going to post a thread here with all the info once it's finalized. So far the plan is to meet at Weirs Beach, cruise around the lake stopping in Wolfeboro and Alton Bay. We are then going to have a cook out. Cook out location will be either, Lake Wentwoth State Park, Ellacoya State Park, or my house. Are you planning on Mopar Day at NE Dragway on 9/18 ?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Goldfinger71

Nice Nupe!...Nice! :)
What size rear wheel and tire are you running? :icon_smile_question:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Nupe

QuoteAre you planning on Mopar Day at NE Dragway on 9/18 ?

I'm hoping to go since I missed it last year.  The cruise would be cool, but there is a car show in Augusta on Sept 10th and with gas prices...  :icon_smile_dead:

QuoteWhat size rear wheel and tire are you running?

They are cop wheels that were widened out to 9".  Tires are 275/60's and do catch the lip sometimes.  I ground off some of the inner lip since there was extra material to help clear.  Won't hit now with the lousy exhaust.  Going to swap my rear shocks today and use a big f$%^ing hammer to dent the pipes.  :rotz:

All I have to do now is get my Ramcharger hood bodywork done and my Charger "to do" list will be complete for this year.  :METAL:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

RT/SE

Nice ride Nupe.  I love 71's.  The car looks great.

70 Battle Horse

You mean tearrin up the road again :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

1968 Charger B5

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

PlumCrazy73Dodge

YESSS!!! TIre SMOKE.   Jeremy your back on the road baby, awesome.   I love it.

41husk

Nice!  looks like you will have lots of fun with that ride.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up