News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper Linkage - '69 Charger

Started by Shakey, August 16, 2006, 06:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

I am preparing to start restoring the wiper linkage on my '69 Charger.  I plan on sanding and painting the linkage and installing the wiper pivot water seal kit (YO # XH83).  This should be a releatively straighforward task.

However, before I get started I'll need the bushings, retainer and the spring washer used on the linkage.

Attached is a page from the '69 parts catalogue which shows the linkage as well as the bushings, retainer and the spring washer.

Can someone please tell me what I need to buy to complete this project?

I'd like to get all these items from YO but they only seem to carry the "wiper motor linkage nylon bushing" (p/n WB22) and it doesn't state which particular bushing it is. 

Is it the white bushing that goes between the crank and the link or do I need 3 of them, the ones that go between the pivots and the links?   :shruggy:

What about the retainer & the spring washer? 

Ultimately, I was hoping they had a kit like they do for the E-Body guys.  Does anyone else carry such a kit for the '69 B-Bodies?

Thanks in advance, Shakey.

y3chargerrt

Is it a two or three speed motor? I have the bushing ,spring washer and clip off a two speed unit.

Shakey

Quote from: y3chargerrt on August 16, 2006, 01:40:09 PM
Is it a two or three speed motor? I have the bushing ,spring washer and clip off a two speed unit.

It's a 3 speed wiper motor.

All I really need is the white plastic piece.  I see that I can get the others from YO in a kit, they look pretty universal, however the one white piece seems to be more difficult to find.

y3chargerrt

Im on the road heading to the Dream Cruise and Moparfest. I will check the parts books when I get home. If the 2 and 3 speed bushing is the same I will hook you up. Thats assuming I can find it.. ;)

resq302

I am pretty sure that the 3 speed and 2 speed plastic cams are different.  I know when I swapped out my 2 spd to 3 speed wiper motor, the off set arm was different and so was the plastic cam.  I do not remember what color it was though.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Shakey

Quote from: y3chargerrt on August 18, 2006, 07:27:52 AM
Im on the road heading to the Dream Cruise and Moparfest. I will check the parts books when I get home. If the 2 and 3 speed bushing is the same I will hook you up. Thats assuming I can find it.. ;)

No need to look, I found one at Moparfest for $2.00 CDN.

Thanks just the same for trying to help!  Much appreciated.

2k9and6t9

I already strat a new topic but just wanna let you know that i'm looking for all the kit wiper linkage... if anyone can help me plz thanks in advance