News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a pit bull and he needs a home

Started by CFMopar, August 22, 2005, 05:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFMopar

Hi, I dont own a pit myself and never will because of my province wide ban but I'm writing because of a nice pitbull I found wondering on the highway.

I found a pit bull on the 401 highway that I ended up bringing to the shelter. But He was a real friendly dog and I dont want to see him put down at the end of the month with the rest of the pitbulls. I would've kept him but my dog currently is 12 years old and she has allways had a hard time getting used to other dogs. I dont want to bring another dog into my house because it wouldnt be fair to her. Especially a young dog with lots of energy

Do you know anyone interested in ontario? He's in a missassuga shelter right now.
Thanks
Victor

1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

BigBadCharger

Good luck finding it a home. Can't stand them. Pitbulls have killed 5 people the past 3 years here in the bay area.
How's your wife and my kids?

Silver R/T

I wouldnt mind getting it, but kinda far from ontario
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CFMopar

Its poor owners which lead to unfortunate incidents like that. Unfortunately the pitbull attracts some shady owners. I bet guns killed more than 5 people in the last 3 years though and no body wants to ban them.

TheGhost

I would love to rescue him, but, I got my hands full with my ONE dog.  Although, Shadow wouldn't mind having another dog to run around the yard with.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

KMPX2

I had one for years. He was as dumb as a box of rocks. But as loyal as he could be & a great watch dog. No one got near my house with him around!

Wakko

How much to ship to 33445?   

Kidding.  :)
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

bull

Quote from: Thread_Marshal on August 22, 2005, 06:34:23 PM
Its poor owners which lead to unfortunate incidents like that. Unfortunately the pitbull attracts some shady owners. I bet guns killed more than 5 people in the last 3 years though and no body wants to ban them.

Nobody wants to ban guns? Did all the liberals change their minds recently?

TheGhost

Quote from: bull on August 23, 2005, 02:37:05 AM
Quote from: Thread_Marshal on August 22, 2005, 06:34:23 PM

Nobody wants to ban guns? Did all the liberals change their minds recently?

One can only hope.

Also, on that note, bees kill as many people around here a year as Pit Bulls.  Should it be illegal to keep bees for honey??  What about cars?  They kill more people a DAY than Pit Bulls do in one year.  I guess we should outlaw them, too.....  Hell, let's outlaw EVERYTHING that could kill people, that way, nobody would be able to own anything. :geez:  (I miss that :geez: smiley)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Lowprofile

She looks like a beautiful dog. I wish I had the time to come up there and get her. I hope somebody rescues her.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

No offense to anyone in particular but to me the pit bull is the quintessential white trash dog. It's to the canine world what the mullet is to hairstyles. I envision one sitting on a ratty couch (which is on the front yard of course) while dirty little kids dressed in nothing but day-old diapers run around in knee-high grass looking for empty beer cans to set up on the fence posts so daddy can blast 'em off with a shotgun from his Lay-Z-Boy on the porch.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

I think the term "white trash" encompasses the "redneck" and "hillbilly" categories.

Lowprofile

Quote from: bull on August 23, 2005, 11:59:07 PM
No offense to anyone in particular but to me the pit bull is the quintessential white trash dog. It's to the canine world what the mullet is to hairstyles. I envision one sitting on a ratty couch (which is on the front yard of course) while dirty little kids dressed in nothing but day-old diapers run around in knee-high grass looking for empty beer cans to set up on the fence posts so daddy can blast 'em off with a shotgun from his Lay-Z-Boy on the porch.
Quote from: bull on August 24, 2005, 01:05:10 AM
I think the term "white trash" encompasses the "redneck" and "hillbilly" categories.

Well, I guess I'm white trash.
Usually, I would take the time to explain all the wonderful points about this breed of dog, having had a few of them over the years. But I feel I would just be doing this..... :brickwall:

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

CFMopar

You probably would be.   Their is such a big misconception surrounding pitbulls it ain't funny.

Some guy at my work told me pit bulls are fine until they are 2-3 years old when their skulls stop growing but their brains keep growing causing it to press on the skull causing shockwaves. Thats what causes them to "Snap" :image_294343:

Or maybe its their "locking jaws" :icon_bs:

Nice long list of pitbull myths which fuel the fear hysteria machine

bull

I don't know enough about them to know if it's a genetic defect that makes them unstable or if it's their upbringing. I'm sure there are thousands of pit bulls out there that have never created any problems. But what I have seen time and again is that the trailer trash types are very attracted to the breed for some reason. I'm guessing they think they are good guard dogs but there are other breeds that have a much better reputation in that area such as the doberman, German shepard and rottweiler.

SirNik73

Did you try putting a post on craigslist.org ? its a good place to list thigns like this. they have a free section where you can give anything away even dogs. my best friend would love that dog... but we are in CA... best of luck finding it a good home.

Nik
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Lowprofile

What we have seen is what the National & local media "feeds" us as a community and a nation. Remember, if it bleeds, it leads! [old tv news saying]
The death of anyone caused by this , or any other dog is indeed tragic. But, don't you think that the owners of these or any other dog that is trained to kill should be held responsible. If my child got hold of one of my handguns and killed his friend, I would be in jail for 10-20 years,and rightfully so.Why then, don't we, as a society, punish those who take these, or for that matter, any breed of dog, and punish them in the same manner. No, instead we swallow all the tripe that is fed to us by the media, the lawyers, the politicians, and those ever present, bottom feeders, the insurance companies. The science tells us that these dogs are a product of their enviorment, good, bad or indifferent.
I guess the easy way out is to just kill them all. Watch out......Who or what's next??

Our govt......hard at work to protect us.   HA.                                  OK, I'm Done. :blahblah: :stirthepot: :RantExplode: :cussing: :argue: :spank: :icon_bs: :mad:

:engel016: God Bless   :patriot:

P.S. I agree with you Bull, it is one of the stereotypes of the dogs.

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

CFMopar

Well some new news bout the dog.

Turns out the shelter says hes 8-10 months old. I guess im bad at estimating dogs ages. The dog was also dragged while younger. This explains the scars on his face and leg. He is also in a foster home with 10 other dogs right now and they say hes a doll. But the foster owner cant keep him for long either. So I got a little bit of time but not much. Hopefully this one guy comes through!

Lowprofile

I've got my fingers crossed..... :angel: We can only hope for the best.

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

bull

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 24, 2005, 12:34:17 PM
What we have seen is what the National & local media "feeds" us as a community and a nation. Remember, if it bleeds, it leads! [old tv news saying]
The death of anyone caused by this , or any other dog is indeed tragic. But, don't you think that the owners of these or any other dog that is trained to kill should be held responsible. If my child got hold of one of my handguns and killed his friend, I would be in jail for 10-20 years,and rightfully so.Why then, don't we, as a society, punish those who take these, or for that matter, any breed of dog, and punish them in the same manner. No, instead we swallow all the tripe that is fed to us by the media, the lawyers, the politicians, and those ever present, bottom feeders, the insurance companies. The science tells us that these dogs are a product of their endowment, good, bad or indifferent.
I guess the easy way out is to just kill them all. Watch out......Who or what's next??

Yes, I believe the owners should be held responsible for the actions of their dogs and of the incidents I've heard of that has been the case. I also believe that the dogs should be put down when they rip a kid's face off. As far as I know, in all the cases I've followed involving the owners of dogs that attack, the owners have been held liable. Most of the problem is not so much the temperament of the dog as it is the owner's negligence in keeping the dog contained so it can't get out and wander around the neighborhood. When it comes to attacks on their own property they are still held liable. If they are not held accountable through prosecution (which they always are, as far a s I know) they soon find themselves held accountable through civil trials. But I've never heard of any dog owner skating on at least some level of justice after their dog attacks someone. All that being said, I still think pit bulls have an unstable temperament compared to something like German shepard or doberman.

CFMopar

My cousin was attacked by a shepard that was supposed to be "friendly"

But I agree about putting dogs down period if they show ANY agression towards humans.

Drache

Well I'm canadian and would love to have the dog but sadly I live pretty far away.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

psykicpup

with any breed the kind of bad temperament or the dog 'turning' is down to inbreeding usually.
Not that long back Rottwiellers had a similar reputation in this country (UK).Apparently only 50 dog were brought into the country originally but they suddenly became so popular that it wasn't long before father was breed with Grand-daughter etc......
they soon got a bad reputation....'what the difference between a rottwieller & a social worker? you can get your kid back of a social worker!' etc

trouble is the more aggressive a dog is perceived to be the more likely it is to be breed by unscrupulous people & therefore interbreed.............
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!