News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there any advice to replace a Speedo Cable??? 69rt/se

Started by smokinrt, September 05, 2006, 01:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokinrt

I'll be replacing my speedo cable soon.  Do you have any advice how to remove/replace?????  I don't want to make some stupid mistake like I did removing my guages.

Thanks
smokinrt

Chryco Psycho

the hard part is reaching behind the speedo & squeezing the nylon lock tab , once you have that squeezed gently rock it to pull it off the speedo , the rest is pretty straight forward , push the firewall grommet out & slide the cable through & undo the nut on the trans 

BigBlockSam

i did mine it was easy but changing the speedo gear was a pain in the ass. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

smokinrt

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 10, 2006, 12:13:18 AM
i did mine it was easy but changing the speedo gear was a pain in the ass. Rene
I bought a speedo cable from Year One and installed it last week, it was a plastic casing with a square cable inside.
Never having seen a speedo cable before, I installed just like that, but now you are saying speedo gear, what gear??
Am I missing something??  Maybe that's why my speedometer isn't reading!! go figure.  Can you tell I'm a beginner.  Any help you can give me I would surely appreciate.

Thanks
smokinrt
Bryan

NHCharger

The cable isn't square, just the ends. When I removed my speedo cable to clean and lube it this year I didn't plug the cable in correctly on the tranny end so my speedo wasn't reading. Double check your connection at each end to make sure it's plugged in properly.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel