News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Utah rave raided - civil rights violated ( I dunno you just gotta read )

Started by Stormhammer, August 23, 2005, 10:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

With the video, and the numerous accounts, not to mention the government paperwork proving that a permit was filed for, and was granted, there had BETTER be some holy hell to pay over this.....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

RD

well, there is their truth, the cops truth and the real truth.  i would like to see an unbiased report on this.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Stormhammer

yeah true

but still

in the end

its camoflauged police and helicopters busting a party that is out in the middle of nowhere.... something doesnt really add up somewhere

but still - on all the forums that have people posting that apparently attended - all the accounts are all similar to each other ( now if its biased off what others posted, I do not know - but I keep an open mind on this )

I want to see more footage

Dans 68

Well, the organizers were apparently short ONE permit. Sounds a little bit like a set-up by law enforcement as they knew they had a legal right to bust up the party. No matter what   you think about the underage drinking, lewd sex or rampant drug selling and use (I wish I was 20 again....), the organizers should have triple checked what permits they needed before holding the rave. Hah!
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Andrew

methinks that guys stretching the truth a little, i would like to hear a more un buyst(sp) account before i pass judgement

Rocky

They were missing the permit to have more than 250 people. 

Let's remember that this is Utah.  People are living behind the "Zion Curtain".

Police could have easily made their presence known with a couple cruisers along the road entering the property, then busted any individuals that happend to break the law while leaving.  If they were there before the event, it would have served as a great deterrent.  However, this being Utah they needed a SWAT team, (that looked better equipped than my Marine unit in Iraq) and air support.  Serious overkill. 

When I was in High school, way back in 99, we often had parties with over 500 people which were broken up by no more than 4 police officers in 2 cars and no violence.

I support law enforcement 100%, but there are sometimes when certain officers overstep their bounds, and give all my friends and family in the law enforcement community a bad name.

Let's hope everyone learns from this.

Stormhammer

ah - alright, didnt know about the permit missing part  :sick:

still

I mean it looked like the freakin National Guard rolled in  :rotz: