News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Motor Mounts?

Started by Recharger, August 24, 2005, 01:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recharger

This is the first of what will probably be a series of relatively basic engine-related questions.

Just wondering if anyone has had any particularly good or bad (mainly bad) experiences with aftermarket motor mounts.  I'm about to drop my 383 back in (recently stroked to 434) and was wondering if the "standard" rubber mounts will hold up.  I'm not going to do much (if any) strip racing, but I do plan to get on it when I can.  Will the rubber mounts hold up?  Would a polyurethane mount cause a lot of vibration/noise throughout the car?  It's mainly going to be a cruiser.  Are those $15 mounts on Ebay as cheap as they sound, or is that just a good deal?  If anyone knows of a good suggestion, I'd appreciate brand names and links if available.  Thanks :thumbs:

Ghoste

The poly ones will definitely add a little more vibration to the car but they are also stronger.  If you are putting in new ones, the rubber will last a long time.  It wasn't so long ago that they were the only choice and remember how long some of them held up.
You can still get them from your Dodge dealer too if you want.

cudaken

I bought a soild mount but really did not want to use it. Will shake my theet out but stock would not hold down the Blowen 440. Ron, Firefighter came up with a great idea. Had stock mount drilled and 2 grade 8 bolts ran threw it.

Hope to have the best of both world's.

Thank's Ron, best idea you have gave me so far.

Cuda Ken
I am back

firefighter3931

You're welcome Ken....i've used that modded D/S mount on several engines and it has allways worked well...no more seperated biscuits and "stock" quality vibration control. I prefer it to a solid mount. Good luck on the initial fireup !  ;D

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Could you get us a pic of one of these modified mounts?

cudaken

I just stumbled over to the Charger and cannot see the mount. Will see if I can find the PIC from the old Charger site.

Nothing to really see, just a stock mount with 2 garde 8 bolts going thur the mont, head's are on top of the bracket and nut's on the bottom.

Ron, hope to test the mount this weekend.

Cuda Ken
I am back