News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil Pans

Started by Recharger, August 24, 2005, 01:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recharger

Another very basic question.  Hopefully others can learn from my ignorance :icon_smile_big:

I'm looking for a higher volume oil pan for my 434 stroker, probably a 6 or 7 qt pan.  What do I need to look for to make sure it doesn't interfere with the K frame?  Any good deals lurking around out there that someone can point me towards?  I'd rather not pay Milodon prices, unless someone convinces me they're really worth the $$$.  I plan on painting the pan, so I'm not interested in chrome or zinc plating or any of that stuff.  Basically a decent deal on a good pan that will fit without too many headaches.

8WHEELER

I have been running a Hemi pan for years and that adds an extra quart, they are not
cheap either depending on where you get one, mopar sells them but I got mine
from a local guy here that buys in bulk and I got mine for under $150.00. They
don't hang down any lower than a stock pan really.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Ghoste

There are a few oil pan makers out there but for a seemingly simple little part, they can become fairly sophisticated pieces.  That of course, can cost big money.
I think Mancini's are now into oil pan mods and they aren't a lot of money.  Maybe give them a call and see if my memory is right.  If not, they likely know a supplier who can help.
You could always get an old one and try to modify it yourself?

MoparYoungGun

I would go with the Mopar Performance Hemi pan. Here is a link to it through Mancini http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/hemioilpan.html. This is probably one of the best pan as it doesn't reduce ground clearance and it can hold 6 quarts of oil, 7 with the filter. Ron used this pan on his 446 stroker and couldn't suck it dry at 6500rpms. Good luck on the build :cheers: !

cudaken

I bought a E-bay speical, $69.95. Does not hit the K-frame, but like most 7 quart pan's is open to pot holes, man hole covers and any thing you can run over. At 7 quarts still showed a quart low, so it holds 8 quarts.

If you like a PIC I will post one in the Charger. I was worried abot it clearing, but was not a problem.

Cuda Ken
I am back

firefighter3931

Hemi Pan ! Holds 6 qts and 7 with the filter, baffled front and back. Doesn't hang below k-frame so no worries about denting it or ripping it off the engine. It comes standard on the MP 528 hemi crate motor rated at 610hp.   ;) Mancini has a package for the pan and pickup...usually ~ $150.00 or so. As Young Gun stated we ran it up to 6500 rpm and it has the big 1/2in hemi pickup tube and a high volume oil pump....and still couldn't suck the pan dry.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

8WHEELER

Like I said Hemi pan, this is mine with a 1in drop Hemi style skid plate k-frame.
The pan is 1in above the botom of the skid plate lots of clearance.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Chryco Psycho

I welded up my own pan , it was wider & held 11 qts at stock depth

B5 Charger

I went with the Hemi pan as well.   Got mine through Mancini as a package deal with the pickup $159.95.   Here is a link to that deal.   http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/manstreethem.html   ;D