News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sevendeadly....remix

Started by TylerCharger69, September 22, 2006, 12:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

Well....after listening to our latest track on different stereo systems,  we decided to do a little "doctoring" on the "Foreclosure" track.  There were some problems due to being fatigued during mixdown, so we freshened it up some....hope this sounds better to y'all
http://www.myspace.com/sevendeadly7band 

Thanks everybody!!!

71bee

YES!

sounds much "cleaner" to me. we used to do our own recordings but we are the worst perfectionists.  we never could make a recording that we liked enough to mass produce. do you guys have the ability to "master" your own recordings? the re-mix sounds killer! :2thumbs:

BTW, my drummer still uses the good ol' Tama Superstar kit. what series is yours? does anyone in the band use digital processors? I used to work at Digitech. awesome job. I had an office filled with every amp/guitar made. all that I had to do was plug into each processor/amp/board that was produced on our floor and reset the digital chips, look for defects and spend all day long jamming out with the other Sound Testers. we always got to take home the new "test mule" beta units.......good times!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TylerCharger69

71bee.....I use a 2003  set of Tama Rockstar  for rehearsal   and  2006 Tama Starclassic Maple kit with Gibraltar hardware for show dates.  We really don't use any effects  except  I run my drum kit through  a mid-90's ADA Digital reverb processor just to add a little wetness  and of course...Shure SM57 mics.   I'm not into triggers....takes away from the natural wood tone of the drums.   We don't like to use any effects if we don't have to.   but...we rely on proper equilization.  Yep....the drum  ADA  and just a bit of wetness on the vocals  (no delays on anything either) is about all the effects we need.  Everything is natural.  I don't believe in burying stuff in effects  such as delays, compressor/limiters, gates of any kind...etc..etc..etc...I figure...If we can't execute it without all of that crap...then  we are in the wrong business.

71bee

I hear that from alot of musicians, and I mostly agree. I like to use some effects just for wild, eerie intros and I use a nice delay for solo's. I like the saturation of my Mesa Boogie enough without clouding it up with oversaturated effect. we don't use any effect on our drums either. the Bassist likes to use a couple different distortion effects from his processor, but we're also not in to sounding "techno." you've definitely got the right ideas for your kit. a nice bit of wetness is really all that you should need.

Where can I snag one of your CD's from? we're going back to the studio in a month or two. I'll send you a copy of our stuff when it's completed.

TylerCharger69

When we get the actual cd completed   I'll just send you one.   These on Myspace are just demos