News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transmission Torque Converter Suppliers

Started by 4402tuff4u, August 24, 2005, 08:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

Does anyone have opinions or experience in where to purchase a torque converter? I looked at Summit catalog and there are several manufacturers - many to pick from. Any one type/brand that is more Mopar compatible or works better with 727? Looking for 2,200 - 2,500 RPM SP.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

MoparYoungGun

Ron reccomends Turbo Action. That's what I plan on going with once I get my Charger. Good luck :cheers: !

cudaken

If all you are looking for is 2200 to 2500 RPM stall, use one for a 400 Police car. I have one in my Charger and work's great. Gives me around 2400 stall. If yours is a steel carnk will need to knock off the counter weight.

Bought from local whole transmission supplier, rebuilt for $50.00.

Cuda Ken
I am back

John_Kunkel

Yep, lots of factory converters fall in the 2200-2500 range depending on power input.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

kamkuda

These are some of the more popular good manufacturers:

Turbo Action (I have one in my 70 Cuda small blocker stroker and works well) They are good at designing tight vs loose based on your needs.
Dynamic (they have a giood street strip 9.5 inch)  I am strongly considering for my Big block car)
Coan
PTC

471_Magnum

Cudaken is right.

No need to spend big bucks on an aftermarket converter if all you're looking for is 2200 stall (which is about right for a mild big block).

I've got a 2200 stall converter taking up space in my garage that I'll sell you cheap. Might cost you more to ship it than the converter is worth though. :o
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

cudaken

A nother little tip, small block and B Block's can use the same converter. One I have in the 70 383 Cuda was from a friend's 340 AAR Cuda. It is a TCI 3500 stall. I like the one in the Charger better, all most as lose but lock up way quicker for normal driving.

Cuda Ken
I am back

4402tuff4u

471 Magnum, where are you located? PM me.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"