News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yamaha Rhino, John Deere Gator, Kawaski Mule or Argo?

Started by bull, September 27, 2006, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Anyone own one of these or something like it such as a Kubota ATV or a Bushhog or a Landpride or a Polaris Ranger? I'm thinking about getting one, maybe even one of those 6X6 or 8X8 Argos but they're all kind of spendy. The Kawasaki is the only one I know of that comes with four seats from the factory, and I want a four-seater. One outfit makes a four-seat conversion kit for the Rhino but I don't really want to spend a bunch more money on that right ater buying the ATV.

The M.S.R.P. on this one is $9,599

AdamMopar

We've had a Polaris Ranger at work that we had been "testing" for Polaris for the past couple of years.   ;)  They haven't asked for it back yet.   :o  Overall it's a fairly nice machine, ours was a prototype of sorts so things are a little different than the current model.  We've given it pretty good testing on the farm and taken this thing where the four wheelers would have gotten stuck.  We have yet to have gotten it stuck anywhere period, it always climbs out.

That being said, the transmission is pretty much shot in it at this point, they are going to try to get a different transmission out of the deal without having to turn the machine back in.  We'll see how it goes.

That's all the information I can give.

Adam

dads_69

My brother had a Yamaha Rhino. Indestructable pretty much. Haven't seen a  4 seater up here yet. They always sell to fast to check them out at the dealership. Hunters buy them up fast. My brothers has a 2''inch lift kit w/mods on it also. I have rode in it lots of times, very smooth and have yet to be stuck when ever we take it out, living in Alaska, there are plenty of places to go, and the mud/swamp is nasty this time of year. All of the units for sale now are pretty equal I'd say. Its what you prefer moreless. You might say I favor Yamaha....
Mark

'06 Kodiak 450 4x4 wheeler
'06 WR450F

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

694spdRT

We have a Kubota RTV 4 x 4 with a diesel. It has a hydraulic dump box and I use it on the farm for bringing in cattle and hauling wood etc. I also use it to snow plow our driveway(3/8 mile) in the winter. Works good for pulling old cars around that I am restoring too.  ;)

We were debating this vs a Ranger and it is more costly than the Polaris. The only advantage I saw to the Polaris was it went faster. I don't need a lot of speed and really like it.

Here is a link:

http://www.kubota.com/f/products/rtv.cfm
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

bull

This thing looks pretty cool too. No suspension though so the ride gets pretty bouncy, unless you're in the lake. Pretty good deal for $5,500 BIN: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARGO-BIGFOOT-AMPHIBIOUS-ATV-SIX-WHEELER-6X6-6-WHEEL_W0QQitemZ270034132656QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6726QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

derailed

We have those Mules at work and they dont see an easy life there but seem to hold up real well. Most of the guys beat the hell out of them and they rarely break down, except for a flat tire. This guy had one wound right up one night and smacked into a switch stand with it and stood it right up on its nose. All it did was bend the steering column forward a bit with his 250 pounds. Funniest thing I ever saw.