News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need computer help

Started by Crazy440, August 24, 2005, 09:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy440

Computer experts, I need your help.  For some reason, today, all the web sites, that I go to, are coming up 2-3 times as large as they were yesterday. Lettering, headers, everything.  Even this site is 2-3 times larger.  Any idea as to why?
Thanks
I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

Drache

Sometimes it happens at random. Try this:

go to the top of your browser page and click:

~View
~ Text Size

Then try changing it to Medium or whatever you prefer. See if that changes it!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Troy

It's a bug in Internet Explorer. My home computer does it as well for some unknown reason. You can either resize the text every time or do like I do and use a different browser (unless I have to use IE). If you have a scroll mouse, hold the CTRL key and spin the scroll wheel. When I figure out how to fix it I'll post it but since I gave up on it months ago I don't have a lot of hope for a cure.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Drache

It only does it to me once every couple months....  :rotz:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Troy

The problem with IE's settings of "Largest", "Larger", "Medium", "Smaller", and "Smallest" is that there is no option to go back to "Normal". Any of the manual settings override the style sheets and embedded fonts used by the page developers. Mine resets itself every time I open it so anyone who only has to "fix" it every couple of months is lucky in my book. As I said, I have no idea how to fix it *correctly* yet. It's possible that I could fool IE into thinking it's an old version and letting me reinstall but I really don't want to waste the time since I hardly use it. It sure makes things difficult when testing pages though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Crazy440

I'm on aol.  I know, I know.  I brought up IE and did the font size change and it for some reason was set on "LARGEST.  I reset it to "Medium" and it's back to where it was.  But, of coarse, if I use aol, it's still larger.  I changed the aol settings to the smallest size and it's still larger than it was.  I guess I'll use IE for a while.
I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.