News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which heads

Started by 01MOPAR, September 28, 2006, 02:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01MOPAR

906 heads vs edelbrock rpm heads.can 906' s be ported to out perform edelbrock rpm heads?

mally69

906  can be ported to flow as good but youd probably spend more money porting the heads than you will to buy a set of eddy's

Runner

Quote from: mally69 on September 28, 2006, 08:19:13 PM
906  can be ported to flow as good but youd probably spend more money porting the heads than you will to buy a set of eddy's

and there still 40 pounds heaver, and will be prone to cracking and are "maxed out"

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

deputycrawford

By the time you spend for the bigger valves, porting, angle job, cc iing, port matching, hardened seats, guide cutting, bowl blending, bench flowing, etc....etc...etc...you still won't have the thermal efficency of the Eddie's. Go for the Eddies and never look back. Well, maybe the ricers. They always look better when you're in front of them. But you know what I mean. :yesnod:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Chryco Psycho

make Sure you use Cometic gaskets or you will be replacing them

01MOPAR

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 29, 2006, 01:27:32 AM
make Sure you use Cometic gaskets or you will be replacing them
I just ordered a set of the 84cc  edelbrock rpm heads from jegs cost me $1340 and they offer free shipping. Tell me about the cometic gaskets.Do you need to use these with edelbrock heads?

70charginglizard

Quote from: 01MOPAR on September 28, 2006, 02:58:23 PM
906 heads vs edelbrock rpm heads.can 906' s be ported to out perform edelbrock rpm heads?

Dont know about out performing them but if you do port 906's don't get to close to any of the water passages or you'll be having some real interesting overheating problems like me.  :icon_smile_angry:
70charginglizard

Chryco Psycho

Cometics are a MLS [Multi layer steel ] gasket & with iron block & alum head the expansion rates will be totally different & can cause a regular head gasket to fail in as little as 3 -4 weeks