News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found. '69 Charger R/T with VIN sequence one number off of mine!

Started by #s Matching, August 25, 2005, 12:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

#s Matching

A few weeks ago I was attending a local Mopar Show and Shine.  As usual, most of my time was spent checking out the Chargers in attendance.  In particular I have been paying close attention to the 69 R/T's, taking photos and trying to document any nicely restored or good original components / cars that may help me with my resto.

While at the show, one car in particular caught my eye.  It was a black on black 69 Charger R/T with a 440 auto.  I was quite impressed because for me, this was the closest thing that I had personally seen to my car, which is a factory black with red interior 69 Charger R/T with a 440 auto.  Pretty cool so I thought I would check the fender tag and see if it was a factory original or just someone's ideal build up.  When I read the vin off the fender tag I was totally blown away!  It was an original 69 R/T 440 auto car build at the Hamtrack facility and it had a sequence number one off of mine!  What are the chances of finding the car that came from the same plant just one position in front of mine....

As it turns out the car was originally copper metallic outside with a black stripe and black interior, but still the sequence and drive train are as close as they come!
#s Matching - 74 Charger SE, 74 Charger Rallye, 69 Charger R/T

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

Since there were about 19000 total R/t 2nd gen , I would say the chances couldn't be better than 2 in 19000 :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

KMPX2

To tell you the truth I have heard of alot of guys finding the car one up or down. I have even seen it in Magazines before

MoparYoungGun

Cool, I don't think I have ever heard of someone finding a car one before or one after theirs.

mustanghater

we found the satillite vert that was built 2 cars behind ours. it was the same as ours triple green but it was a 4-speed and ours was an auto.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Drache

There was a guy on the old d-c.com message board who had sold two 3rd gen chargers they they were sequantial.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Brock Samson

#matching, what's your build date?.
mines the last week of production..

ph23vo

i found the 340-s ragtop four off my 383-s rag..  mines BH27H8B113554 AND ITS BH27P8B113558  had the deaL in the bag to purchase it and when i got back there with the trailer [2 hours later] t he jerk changed his mind..  now both of his cars just sit and rot... with the $$$ he could have finished the 1... oh well some people are just real DUMB.... dan

Chad L. Magee

Good job!  The closest I have come on finding a nearby sequence number is 48 away from my 1966 HP2 Satellite.  It was built on the same day as mine but probably a few hours later.  Conciquently, it too is a HP2 Satellite, but one with only 10,000 orginal miles vs. my junkyard "survivor".....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have a few sequential cars in the registry....mostly 500's & Daytona's though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on August 26, 2005, 05:10:45 AM
is one of them mine?  i'd be curious to know what was built before/after my car....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nope...I do have 2 after yours and 4 after yours.
Both C500's
Two after yours is a 440 auto T5 copper

Four after yours is a 440 auto R4 red
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

#s Matching

Quote from: Wakko on August 25, 2005, 12:52:52 AM
Got any pics of your red interior? I've never seen that.

I'll see what I can dig up.   Most of the pics taken with the complete interior were taken before digital cameras.   The more recent, digital pics, have the carpet removed.   So worst case is you would have to use your imagination a bit   ;)

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on August 25, 2005, 02:15:48 AM
Get the tag/VIN info for the registry?

Is that considered to be....ok? if a person were to register someone else's vehicle in the Charger registry without there knowledge?

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 25, 2005, 11:50:34 AM
#matching, what's your build date?.
mines the last week of production..

I believe in is February 28 (228 on the fender tag).   What is the last week of production btw?

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on August 26, 2005, 05:10:45 AM

Does owning two or more vehicles, one after another in sequence, and to the vehicles value?

Just 6T9 CHGR

If the car is at a public show, the VIN/tag info is in public view for what ever.  I've gotten numerous registrations this way.  No harm/no foul.......if the owner was around I would ask permission to get his info though (correct car show ediquite)

I wouldnt say owning sequential cars increases their value but it definately increases the coolness factor :cool:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

#s Matching

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chargerguy74

Quote from: KMPX2 on August 25, 2005, 07:31:07 AM
To tell you the truth I have heard of alot of guys finding the car one up or down. I have even seen it in Magazines before

I've heard it and I've seen it before too. It's pretty cool!!!
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

martinihenry

I'd freak if I found the next sequential number up/down from my car. When I bought my car, the original owner told me he had a very good friend who worked at the Hamtramck Assy plant. When the car was going through the line being built, his friend called him and let him know what was happening to it as it went along. Pretty cool little story, I thought.

Anybody know of a VIN # near this one?...

XP29F9B261598
1969 Dodge Charger 318 (2 doors only, thank you very much)
1972 Dodge W-200 4X4 "PowerWagon"
...Only Dodge in my garage!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

I guess I should have read this thread a few days ago. I can think of quite a few sequential 500's and Daytona's that I've run into over the years. My 500 is 3 cars in front of my dad's old HEMI 500. The R4 red Daytona my dad used to own is 1 digit before a B5 blue 4 speed Daytona I saw at the Chrysler Classic over the last few years.
2Daytona's red daytona is sequentially sandwhiched between its idencital triplets. Three R4 red black interior, black stripe, 4 speed daytona's were made in a row.