News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need heater/AC core refurb items

Started by rudyjrusa, October 01, 2006, 07:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

took out the heater core and A/C core - removed the gasket - need to replace gasket and padding on flaps that open and close - were can i find the gasket and flap padding????

to remove the 1974 dodge charger heater core and A/C unit from the interior - under the dash - i had to remove fan and 4 screws from firewall - remove glove compartment - removed black plastic pieces from unit - removed cigarrette ashtray - removed radio and carpet - to remove A/C connection from firewall i had to remove some items on firewall - then finally can remove the unit from firewall - to remove unit from inside i had to push unit towards the radio to finally get it out.  it took a couple of hours to remove it.  Then had unit and remove clips and screws to pullout heater core and A/C core.  the gaskets broke and padding on flaps are very brittle.  I need to replace gasket and padding on flaps.  getting new heater core and A/C core from PEP BOYS.  hoperfully they are the right ones.  heater core cost about $58 dollars.  not sure how much for the A/C unit.

ScottW

Read though this post - there is a link to RestoRick's - he should have you covered.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13150.0.html

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

rudyjrusa

Quote from: ScottW on October 01, 2006, 12:21:25 PM
Read though this post - there is a link to RestoRick's - he should have you covered.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13150.0.html

resto rick does not have 1974 dodge charger rebuild kits.  do you know anybody else??

gtx6970

IF they're avail it will be here, IF not and you have your originals Jim will make you a set for free.

www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com

rudyjrusa

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 08, 2006, 09:11:30 PM
IF they're avail it will be here, IF not and you have your originals Jim will make you a set for free.

www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com

Jim just purchased a 1974 charger SE heater/ac box and is going to duplicate gaskets.  it will take around 2 to 3 weeks to get them.  i think i should send some pictures just in case.

defiance

I just made mine... they were a pain... but my blower system all works great now :)