News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear window change out for a 73

Started by dabs73, August 25, 2005, 11:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dabs73

I am thinking of changing my SE windows on my 73 to the roll down type.  Is this a hard conversion?  I already have the windows and all the brackets required.  I just need to know if it is hard to remove the SE set up and put in all the tacks and window.

Thanks,
dabs73

Nacho-RT74

This have been touched sometimes on the old board... answer is:
Yes it is possible but there is a lot of job to do it very good. You need:
-Regulators.
-Glasses with vertical mold..
-window channels, brackets etc...
-interior upper rear panel with hole to crank if you choose manual, or without hole if you choose powered windows. The ones without holes can be removed from two donor models, WH23 with powered windows or WL21 what even it has also fixed windows but without glass frame, use the same panels than the roll down ones, since only difference is the glass is supported by a fixed bracket at the top of quarter inner frame.
-sail panels.
-quarter Jam seals.
-roof rail molding and weatherstrips
-of course, exterior glass weatherstrip.

Beside that you need to make some body job, like remove the pillar post, cut the U hole ( as far I know ) to the quarter jam, where window pass to roll down the quarter, and get longer the drip rail up to the end of window opening on roof.

The innner and outer louvers, glass ad frame itself are easy to remove with just screws. Quarter and Roof on SE is the same of the rest, only diference are those filler plugs, pillar post and drip rail.

If you keep the molds on top of door and end of hood and fenders, then of course you need also the "boomerang" molding of opening quarter window. Same about drip rail molding, this late one is teh same since 71.

I think that is all...

IMHO if you do that, my advice is to find a Donor Car to remove all the parts at once.

Or sell the SE to rebuilt a hardtop :P
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html