News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger console shift to column shift, How quick can it be done?

Started by WH23G3G, October 05, 2006, 09:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I'm keeping the slapstick console and bench seats I've got on my 73. But I was wondering if I ever wanted to make it look totally like original inside and out, How long would it take to do a swap to column shift, if I had the column, linkages, and bench seat? Is it something that can be changed back and forth depending on preferences? My goal is to bring the exterior and interior back to how it originally would've looked new. Just like a plain looking 318 73 Charger. But I love the slapstick the power bulge hood so I want to keep them too. But it seems the seats and steering column could be changed in a day for awhile until I get tired of it. The hood would be a lot of trouble, plus I can't store an extra hood in my garage. Just some things I'm keeping in mind in case I run across a column shift with linkages, and a bench core.   

purple70rt

These cars need all the cosmetic help you can give them, leave the hood and console.  I guess you could do it in a few hrours if you really wanted to, maybe bolt the console brackets instead of welding them.  I have a couple of bench seats if your close to missouri or I could ship greyhound.  Was not taking a jab at the 3rd gen owners, My son has a 71 and I like it better with everything cosmetic thing we put on it.  Need some rear window louvers now!!

no318

That is ALOT easier than going the other way.  Let me know if you want to get rid of the bulge hood, please.  Thanks.