News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AR Vectors

Started by ANTT, October 10, 2006, 08:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANTT

I'm looking at the AR Vectors in 15 x 8½ with 275/50/15s on the rear.  I think the clearances are OK, but mostly concerned about the quality of the wheels which are made in China. I've seen some decent quality wheels made in China, but I've also seen a lot of junk.  Billet Magnums by Wheel Vintiques are also being considered.

I'd appreciate any input on the quality of the wheels and fit with this or a similar size tire.

Thanks!

Wakko

I've got 275/60s on the rear of my Charger.  I was pissed when I saw the Made in China sticker on my wheels but they held up pretty well when I slid into a curb at 20 mph.  One wheel annhilated and the other seems ok.  Worse comes to worse, get an old set and refurb them.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

ANTT

Quote from: Wakko on October 11, 2006, 02:54:35 AM
I've got 275/60s on the rear of my Charger.  I was pissed when I saw the Made in China sticker on my wheels but they held up pretty well when I slid into a curb at 20 mph.  One wheel annhilated and the other seems ok.  Worse comes to worse, get an old set and refurb them.
Are you happy with the quality of the wheels? Did you check the runout when new and did it take a reasonable amout of weight to balance?   

69chargeryeehaa

i've got the ar vectors, 15x7 on the front with 225 70 15's and 15x8.5 on the rear with 275 60 15's, and i can tell you i was very impressed with the quality of the wheels, mine are flawless, i also got a matching spare tire (15x7).  I looked at the "made in china" sticker too, although quality stuff can come out of china, espically the machining.  I'd reccommend them 110% for quality, plus they all balanced with almost no weight, dynamic with stick on weights on the inside.   ;D

pics: