News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

first bullitt charger replica?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, August 26, 2005, 01:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

im guessing this is the first replica of the triple black 68 charger 440-4speed r/t used in bullitt eh?-MATT

heres the link.

http://www.ponysite.de/bullittnews.htm

Troy

The *first* replica??? I doubt it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ramit

This might seem like a stupid question but was there a remake of te movie bullitt?

bull

??? ??? First Bullitt Charger replica? ??? ??? The Article didn't say that anywhere. Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

I did learn something from that website. All this time I thought the Mustang was black too but turns out it's green.

BigBlockSam

thats my car with differant wheels
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

MoparYoungGun

70charginglizard

Heres another "so called" replica.

I be it a very pethetic one. lol
70charginglizard

JimShine

I bet there were a few 'clones' ordered back when these cars were still new. That movie had a real impact on people.

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: 70charginglizard on August 26, 2005, 10:01:12 AM

Whats that thing in front of the Mustang?

BBD

THE CHARGER PUNK

only one that i know of new is a 68 double black 383 4-speed (1 of 259)with whitewalls and hubcaps. it was ordered new after owner saw movie , then he drove movie route and drove car for a year it now resides in san francisco with original owner weraing its original paint and everything else-MATT

bull

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on August 26, 2005, 02:46:30 PM
Quote from: 70charginglizard on August 26, 2005, 10:01:12 AM

Whats that thing in front of the Mustang?

BBD

I don't know but they should have put it in the back. They never who who was chasing who in the movie anyway.

Khyron

according to all the articals i've read. My money is on the Mustang :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

psykicpup

excuse my ignorance but whats the difference between a triple black & a double black? I'm guessing..1,body colour  2,roof colour   3, interior...although I've heard of two colour interiors ..ie: black  on white.. so I'm not sure what triple refers to....
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

moparjohn

It would figure that the "loser" rematch would have LOSERS with their lights on in the daytime!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Ghoste

FastbackJon

Very nice! First bullitt replica I've ever seen. Most of the black '68's have the wrong wheels, or wrong interior color, or an automatic, or no vinyl top. This one looks pretty good. Thanks for the link.

Did anyone notice the last bit?

"With his car we will be able to start the Charger Replica section soon. We are still searching for a contact to the owner of the real surviving Charger in CA."

I thought there was one car and it was destroyed??
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

dkn1997

Replica? 

It's a black 68 with black top and hubcaps.  Probably still a few around.

I don't think you would call it a replica when it's a car  that looked exactly the way someone could have ordered it from the dealer.

when I think of "replica"  I think dirtymary crazylarry charger, general lee, eleneor (sp), blade, etc..... cars that looked different than you could have ordered from the dealer.
RECHRGED

Ghoste

They used more than one car.  The one from the crash scene, I don't know that it was totalled either.  You see it go flying behind the gas station after the "explosion" and I'm not sure it was wrecked.

Brock Samson

I ain't nevr seen it round here,...
BTW:  looks like their "Bullitt Rally" never happened either,.. reminds me of something..  :icon_smile_angry:

8WHEELER

Great Bullitt Charger never seen one that correct...

But they they make a big woop about the Bullitt Mustang, anybody else see it was an
auto car  :shruggy:  not a good replica to take to all these big time car shows :ahum:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

THE CHARGER PUNK

heres the info on the bullitt chargers there was 3 chargers a one triple black 68 charger r/t 4-speed,one blue on black 68 charger r/t automatic painted black for movie, and last is a triple black 383 4-speed that was never used in movie but was backup car if needed. the triple black 4-spd r/t survived and its whereabouts are unknown, the blue one was destroyed as you can see it did go behing gas station but it flipped on its roof as u can see the 2 dummys on fire afterwards.the triple black 383 4-speed was not used so it was sold to jerry juneman who still owns it but whereabouts are unknown since his museum was shutdown.-MATT

FastbackJon

Where did you find this information about more than one Charger? The motor trend article I remember reading only mentions one Charger I think.

I know near the end you can see when the mustang and Charger are trading paint, the Charger does have blue under the black paint.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

THE CHARGER PUNK

they mention the 3rd charger on the '' making of bullitt vhs '' that u can purchase on ebay and my buddy knows jerry personally and told him about the car and has also seen the car in person-MATT

FastbackJon

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 27, 2005, 06:45:43 AM
Replica? 

It's a black 68 with black top and hubcaps.

I don't think you would call it a replica when it's a car  that looked exactly the way someone could have ordered it from the dealer.

"replica"
noun: Something closely resembling another. A copy that is not the original; something that has been copied.

I don't see any mention of "something not available as factory stock." People also make Lamborghini Countach replicas and AC Cobra replicas, and even Vanishing Point Challenger replicas.

Ghoste

Now you're just being anal Jon.
Everyone owes it to themselves to get that new copy of Bullitt with the making of the movie on it.  There is some great footage of Steve McQueen and Bill Hickman driving around some abandoned airport.  They had the Mustang and the Charger out and they were just getting used to driving around each other at high speeds.

FastbackJon

Quote from: Ghoste on August 28, 2005, 12:00:37 AM
Now you're just being anal Jon.

a ·nal (a'nəl)
adj.

1. Of, relating to, or near the anus.
   2. Of or relating to the second stage of psychosexual development in psychoanalytic theory, during which gratification is derived from sensations associated with the anus.
   3. Relating to or being personality traits that originated during toilet training and are distinguished as anal-expulsive or anal-retentive.

I believe the term you actually meant to say is "literal".

lit ·er ·al (lĭt'ər-əl)
adj.

1. Being in accordance with, conforming to, or upholding the exact or primary meaning of a word or words.
   2. Word for word; verbatim: a literal translation.
   3. Avoiding exaggeration, metaphor, or embellishment; factual; prosaic: a literal description; a literal mind.
   4. Consisting of, using, or expressed by letters: literal notation.
   5. Conforming or limited to the simplest, nonfigurative, or most obvious meaning of a word or words.

;)

Ghoste