News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quentin Tarantino gone mopar

Started by bigroge1, October 11, 2006, 01:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigroge1

Quentin Tarantino is making a new movie called "Death Proof" here's the rest of the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grind_House_%28film%29

Recent shooting
As of Monday 9/25 at 6:00pm, the crew is shooting a scene for Death Proof in north Austin on Howard lane west of Metric, and contains a billboard for one of the fake films, Jungle Julia, in the background. Wednesday through Friday, the crew was filming at the corner of 620 and Great Valley Dr., just west of Lakeline Mall and contains another billboard for a fake film Potheads 2.

On Friday 9/29, they were shooting at Lamar Blvd and Brentwood.

They were also filming at a convenience store at the corner of RM620 and Lakecreek Parkway in far Northwest Austin on Friday 9/29. In front of the store was parked a 1969/70 Dodge Charger painted flat black with a duck for a hood ornament. The hood ornament was an exact duplicate of the one used on the Rubber Duck's big-rig in the movie Convoy (film). Parked to the side were 2 more identical black Chargers. Stuntman Mike's black Dodge Charger has a license plate that reads 938 DAN, this is the same license plate number as the Dodge Charger in the cult classic car chase film Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry There was also a yellow (1971) Mustang Mach 1. Filming went on most of the afternoon.

On the morning of Monday, Oct. 2, filming was at The Omelettry, a diner on Burnet Rd. at 49th St. Filming is continuing through Oct. 3 at this location. In front of the restaurant is the yellow Mustang Mach 1. This is the same model as "Eleanor" the yellow and black Ford Mustang Mach I featured in H.B. Halicki's cult classic car chase film Gone in 60 Seconds (1974 film)

On Monday, 10/9, a major car crash scene from the movie is being filmed inside the Austin Film Society studios, also known as Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios. The scene has been praised by many who have sneaked a peak at the script as a highlight of the movie.

[edit]
Death Proof Cast

Death Proof Teaser PosterDEATH PROOF Credited cast:
* Kurt Russell Stuntman Mike
* Mary Elizabeth Winstead Lee
* Zoe Bell Zoe
* Rosario Dawson Abernathy
* Vanessa Ferlito Arlene
* Jordan Ladd Shanna
* Michael Parks Earl McGraw
* Sydney Tamiia Poitier Jungle Julia
* Eli Roth T.B.A.
* Mikhail Sebastian Doctor
* Monica Staggs Lanna-Frank
* Tracie Thoms Kim

mopar goddess

bull

I remember hearing something about this. I'm thinking it's a remake of some sort.

Brock Samson

I hope they don't wreck yet another Charger... sigh..  :-\

that's a camaro in the poster BTW..
thanks for the heads up..

previous thread..
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12962.0.html

bigroge1

i just found out about it oops  :rotz:  yeah it sucks that they put a camaro instead of one of the mopars
and yeah venture bros kick ass.

p.s.hope they do not rape the mopars

mopar goddess

Brock Samson

Confirmed actors:
At Comic Con in July 2006 Tarantino announced that Mickey Rourke would be playing the part of the slasher named Stuntman Mike in Death Proof, but has recently been revealed that Kurt Russell would be replacing Rourke. Rosario Dawson and Mary Elizabeth Winstead also have roles in the film.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1991565061742024632&q=dawson+rosario&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1278203543436041711&q=Mary+Elizabeth+Winstead&hl=en

and of course..

bigroge1

mopar goddess

topduarte

Yeah, they been filming all over Austin.  Even by where i used to live near Lamar and Brentwood.

Brock did pt up the thread i started a few months ago.

Hopefully my charger will get chosen next time!!

CaptMarvel

nh_mopar_fan

Forget Snake Plisskin, I thought friggin Mickey Rouke was dead!

Turns out it was just his career that was dead.

bigroge1

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 12, 2006, 11:08:05 AM
Forget Snake Plisskin, I thought friggin Mickey Rouke was dead!

Turns out it was just his career that was dead.
:yesnod:

mopar goddess