News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73-76 A-Body Spindles

Started by Chatt69chgr, October 12, 2006, 08:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

I am trying to get an idea of what 73-76 A-body spindles are going for ($$).  Would also like to know what the caliper adapters go for---sliders large and small and pin type large and small.  Are these items easy to find or what?  Have not noticed them appearing on ebag too much. 

I would like to note for everyone that I went down to Oreilly's and purchased a 11-3/4 inch rotor made by Wagner (commonly referred to as the police rotor) and to my surprise, found out that it was made in the USA.  Looks like a real nice piece.  I bet they won't make these in the US much longer.  Probably will come from China like everything else.  So if you want a USA made rotor (I think they have the 10.75 inch ones too) better get it now.

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Shakey

I paid $200.00 CDN for the spindles from a '76 Dart.  They were rusty but a bit of time on the wire wheel and in the sandblaster and they were looking as good as new.

I already had a pair of adapters but the same fellow that sold me the spindles said that if I needed them, he would be charging me $100.00 CDN for the pair.

The calipers I bought were rebuilt locally and cost me $50.00 CDN for the pair.

I bought a pair of Wagner 10.96" rotors for $192.00 CDN.

I have posted more details and photos about these parts and the purchase of them in a couple of other threads.  Use the search feature and some key words and you'll see some more information on my stuff as well as others.

Chatt69chgr

Thanks Shakey and 8Wheeler.  Great information.  Just what I was looking for.  This forum is a gold mine of information.

bull

I paid $90 USD for a pair off a '74 Dart, but that was a few years ago. I got the last pair in the yard and now the place is gone. I think the furor over these spindles is dying down some due to all the kits being made now and the price on those has gone down over the years so they can still be found, some at a good price. Don't be afraid to call around to some out of town wrecking yards because they will gladly ship stuff, especially the ones that don't see much action. I got my caliper brackets from a small town about 300 miles away because I know the small towns are not so quick to get rid of the early model stuff like the city yards do.

Steve P.

Quote from: 8WHEELER on October 13, 2006, 12:44:26 AM
Here is a patial setup in my area, they look to be in good shape with little to no pitting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-A-BODY-DISC-BRAKE-BRAKES-DART-DUSTER-DEMON_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQhashZitem260040386553QQihZ016QQitemZ260040386553QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Dan

Wow, those went for $266.00 with shipping. I think maybe I'll go into business.. I do have a spare set...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida