News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any gardeners on here??

Started by psykicpup, July 22, 2005, 01:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psykicpup

I have a very old & neglected :icon_smile_sad: Privet Hedge round 2 sides of my back garden (yard) however I also have a nosey neighbour (behind us) :icon_smile_dissapprove:   who loves to peer through the thinner patches   :-[- I did consider a fence but as she has pushed one of the knot holes out of my nextdoor neighbours to give herself a comfy spy hole, :icon_smile_shock: I don't think thats a plan. :nono:
Really I would like to thicken the hedge perhaps with something pretty or fragrant - or itchy & smelly - whatever works.... :devil:.
any suggestions?
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Mefirst

Aim the waterhose in the neighbours face when she lurkes though the hedge the next time... Or throw rocks at her..

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Mefirst on July 22, 2005, 02:02:01 AM
Aim the waterhose in the neighbours face when she lurkes though the hedge the next time... Or throw rocks at her..

I like that idea, or just pay her a little visit in the middle of the night.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

psykicpup

If I knew when she was doing it I would just have a word with her you know, not that I believe that it would stop her

DFPA and proud of it!

FourSpeedRT

:yesnod: A nice row of thorny Blackberry bushes should do the trick....they grow thick,and nothing can get through..........might be worth a try.......

Charger4404spd

Telvis

Maybe a privacy fence is in order? I know I would hate my neighbors peeping. The wife and I sometimes get in the hot tub late at night in...well....lets say "minimal" clothing. If they peeped I think it would scar them for life.

dart3404

Hawthorn, Washington
Crataegus phaenopyrum  
Living walls of beauty!

Liven your landscape with masses of white flowers in spring; brilliant orange and red leaves in autumn and great clusters of solid little red fruit (haws) in winter. The Washington Hawthorn is an invitation for visits from the handsome grosbeak and woodpeckers. Its beauty makes this hedging neighbor-friendly. Washington Hawthorns have dense, twiggy growth and sharp thorns  :yesnod: make it a trespass-proof barrier. Grows to 25-30' tall. Can be sheared to any size you desire. Set in single rows 2' apart. We send well-rooted 1 1/2-2' trees.
Although it looses its leaves in winter its dense branches still make it a desirable screen.

psykicpup

Quote from: dart3404 on July 22, 2005, 08:25:51 AM
Hawthorn, Washington
Crataegus phaenopyrum  
Living walls of beauty

any Idea if I can can get that over her in dear ol' Blighty? It sounds perfect :devil:

DFPA and proud of it!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

psykicpup

Thought of that but isn't Poison Ivy more Ground Cover? ;)

DFPA and proud of it!

TheGhost

Buy a can of mace/pepper spray.  One a day off, start doing something that will make your neighbor curious, and start watching.  Then, casually, and cautiously, make your way over to her.  Once you are close enough, empty the can of mace/pepper spray into her face.  I garruntee she will never peep on you again.  Plus, if she calls the cops, there is nothing they can do to you, since you were on your own property.  Just say you thought she was some sick perverted Peeping Tom. ;D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

Hawthorn, Washington
Crataegus phaenopyrum 
Living walls of beauty!

Liven your landscape with masses of white flowers in spring; brilliant orange and red leaves in autumn and great clusters of solid little red fruit (haws) in winter. The Washington Hawthorn is an invitation for visits from the handsome grosbeak and woodpeckers. Its beauty makes this hedging neighbor-friendly. Washington Hawthorns have dense, twiggy growth and sharp thorns :yesnod: make it a trespass-proof barrier. Grows to 25-30' tall. Can be sheared to any size you desire. Set in single rows 2' apart. We send well-rooted 1 1/2-2' trees.
Although it looses its leaves in winter its dense branches still make it a desirable screen.

she knows her stuff :)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 22, 2005, 07:03:46 PM
Get a BB gun & a scope. :icon_smile_blackeye: :smilielol:

im dissapointed in you and Old Moparz. THis thread had such potential for comedic hijinx at my expense.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Iceman on July 22, 2005, 07:12:18 PM

im dissapointed in you and Old Moparz. THis thread had such potential for comedic hijinx at my expense.

Oh CRAP, I'm so ashamed!  :-[

You mean something like this? :icon_smile_big:

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2881432

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: Iceman on July 22, 2005, 07:12:18 PM

Disappointed? First of all, I take gardening issues quite seriously. There's nothing more heart wrenching or upsetting than shrubbery that has defective screening segments. Privacy is something that we are losing at alarming rates. Also having seen the rise in depression & suicides in horticulturists, the problems that plague the entire "landscape" (pun intended) & the service industry that thrives from it are not to be taken lightly. When there are government budget cutbacks, many types of businesses including the landscape material suppliers, landscape service providers, small engine repair services, as well as all the Mexicans working for them suffer. Aren't you partially Mexican Mr. Iceman? Hopefully a solution will surface to restore growth to the shabby shrubbery, & the voyeuristic neighbors will need to venture elsewhere to enjoy their intrusive hobby.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 22, 2005, 11:04:41 PM

Disappointed? First of all, I take gardening issues quite seriously. There's nothing more heart wrenching or upsetting than shrubbery that has defective screening segments. Privacy is something that we are losing at alarming rates. Also having seen the rise in depression & suicides in horticulturists, the problems that plague the entire "landscape" (pun intended) & the service industry that thrives from it are not to be taken lightly. When there are government budget cutbacks, many types of businesses including the landscape material suppliers, landscape service providers, small engine repair services, as well as all the Mexicans working for them suffer. Aren't you partially Mexican Mr. Iceman? Hopefully a solution will surface to restore growth to the shabby shrubbery, & the voyeuristic neighbors will need to venture elsewhere to enjoy their intrusive hobby.
Damn! Wouldn't you know it, my printer decides to run out of ink! --->insert junk PC smiley here<---

Moparz, THAT was a classic! :smilielol:

dart3404

Quote from: psykicpup on July 22, 2005, 01:30:43 PM
Hawthorn, Washington
Crataegus phaenopyrum  
Living walls of beauty

any Idea if I can can get that over her in dear ol' Blighty? It sounds perfect :devil:

I'm not sure if you can. I get a lot of my shrubs and small plants mail order but I don't think they ship out of the U.S. It is a beautiful shrub. Is there any way you could prune your privet down so it grows back in full? It grows very quickly try to give it a good pruning before you replace it.
good luck
Jen

Stroker ACE

Well I have a had the same problem sorta.  I planted the shrubs but they are small still.  So what we did that you might consider, get rid of the eyes and help yourself at the same time. Erect a composite bin near the area she's peeping through. The smell will get to her and you'll end up will some good composte to add to your garden and beds.  Then when your new shrubs or existing shrubs mature remove the bin.

ACE

Old Moparz

You could try this:

http://www.magent.com/scarecrowsprinkler.htm

Set the motion sensor up in the desired location, such as the nosy neighbor peeping area, & let the sprinkler take care of it. You can always tell them it's "Just to keep away unwanted garden varmints"

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

KMPX2

Run around nake give her something to look at. Then when see calls the cops have her tossed in jail for being a peaking tom

Silver R/T

id have vicious dog that would run up to hedge whenever shes peeking and scare the @#)(* outta her

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722