News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

floor shifted colum maintance

Started by chargerman68, October 16, 2006, 10:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

got the repair kit for the coupling to the column and the steering box.wondering how to repair.the column came off the coupling and is free spinning on its self.how to repair thanks
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Charger_Fan

There was a thread here a while ago that explained how to put it back together, but I'll be damned if I can find it again. :shruggy:

Here's a thread that explains it a bit; http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3123.0.html
And here's a pic of the exploded view, compliments of someone in that thread that I can't find...

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chryco Psycho

make SURE the spring goes to one side , if not the shoes will fit in wrong & create a lot of extra ,unneeded play

BlueSS454

Steering solumns must be the project of the weekend.  I took mine all apart this afternoon to clean it and rebuild it.  I just order $90 worth of parts to fix it from Year One.
Tom Rightler