News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chevyed up Computer, Power supply

Started by cudaken, August 26, 2005, 04:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Good I hate anything electrical. Good computer Intell D850EMV2 Mother board, Intell 2.4 thingie and 512 of SD Samsung RAM (not SDS ram but the $185.00 a stick ram).

Hacker's beat all the anti virus stuff I had so it was reformatted.

Installed Windows 2000 XP, then I felt like a Pigon. Had more problem's with it the Windows 98.

Reformatted again and installed all of the SP2 pack. Then all my drivers where out of date? OK, let's try this again.

Friend down load all new drivers, at this point I did not want to touch the sucker again, every time I touch it something went wrong! Something like a Mopar, some times you wonder why do you bother.

Worked fine when I unhooked it, sat on the floor for five weeks and did not spill Cam 2 on it either or kick it over. Last night I was bored, being t a stand still on the Charger and started to mess with it. Would not power up? I did have the stereo going, but I will get to that in a second.

Used the same power cord as the back up computer, hooked it back up and fired up as best as it can, 400 Intell thingie and has issues.

Today before I fired up the stereo I pluged in the better computer and heard a faint high pitch sound, computer was not booting up, just a high pitch sound. I hit the power button and it did start to boot, but I shut it down.

Does that sound like a bad power supply? Like I said, as soon as I plug in the power I hear the sound "not when I start it up"!

Also told that a power supply last about 2 year's, that seem's like it fall's in this time frame as well. I have no idea how made the old power supply, but was told it was 300 watt's.  I also told that is on the boder line or the mother borad, 2.4 thingie, and ram I have.

Called a local computer shop owned by a fellow gear head, I nailed his 421 Pontiac with the 68 Road Runner at a stop light one day. Seem's like a good guy and said if I can help you with your computer let me me know.

OK, is this his pay back or a good deal? Sounds like Hercules but sort of spelled like Herculaneum Power Supply at 450 watts for $49.95 after I told him about the little meeting we had on main street. Oh, I must pick up the power supply in the 68 Road Ruuner as well! Want's to go for a ride, that seem's fair.

Miss Lumpy has not been driven this year and if not raining will be fun anyway.

1. Sound like power supply?
2. Fair prices on the power supply?

Reason I do not use the spell check, cannot get it to work with what I am on now. Beside Night Fall and I have some Cuda Ken Decoder Rings left, I think 440 is left. Bargain at $19.95 and free shipping!

Cuda Ken

PS, Night Fall was a old friend that is gone now. :-[ Not dead, just gone.
I am back

Telvis

You are going to hate me when you go to download all of the pictures I sent you of my car. Might want to do it at night and let them load while you sleep. :icon_smile_big:

cudaken

Trevis, I wont hate you will not down load till I get the other one on line. Beside, if I do the work last thing you want me to do is hate you! ;D

I am also on cable will still down load pretty good. After that stuck with the 400 computer thingie!

Ken, that is my way of kissing Chevy ;D

I am back

ChgrSteve67

It sound like your PS is the problem.
450 Watts is a bit overkill.

My cousins PS died a few weeks ago and picked up a new one at the PC clone builder for $25.
Note: his PC was a emanchine and I found a replacement that is an exact match.

If the $50 PS is the only one that will fit in your case then pay the $50.
If you take this guy for a ride in your Road Runner and pay $50 make him install it for you.

If he won't install it come give me a ride in your RR and I'll put it in for you.

tomonty

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 26, 2005, 06:12:48 PM
It sound like your PS is the problem.
450 Watts is a bit overkill.

My cousins PS died a few weeks ago and picked up a new one at the PC clone builder for $25.
Note: his PC was a emanchine and I found a replacement that is an exact match.

If the $50 PS is the only one that will fit in your case then pay the $50.
If you take this guy for a ride in your Road Runner and pay $50 make him install it for you.

If he won't install it come give me a ride in your RR and I'll put it in for you.

:iagree: 450 Watts is way overkill. Especially if all you do with it is use it for Internet. I do some pretty graphic intensive gaming on mine and I don't have any issues with a 350W PS. 
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

cudaken

I think I am going to take, over kill or not. I did some checking around and is a good prices.  Beside is that not why we are all car guys anyway, we want more power.

Cheapest I have found local was 300 watt's and they wanted $49.95 for it and $79.95 for a 450 watt power supply.

Does look like it could a little of a pain, I have a tuff time getting to anything in the case. Tight fit and all but not that bad.

Cuda Ken
I am back

41husk

Ken, I can't beleive your being acused of overkill :icon_smile_shock:  They need to see that big old blower stickin up out of your hood :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up