News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar road trip

Started by BigBlockSam, August 26, 2005, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

hi guys
  i  saw an add in the parts for sale section here. i needed 70 charger fenders and hood for my 69 daytona project . it was 70 Battle Horse 's add.  i wrote to him and he told me he lived in maine. a quick 6 hrs away. i looked at my wife and said , there's  a guy in maine that has the parts we need. she replied ROAD TRIP!. my wife is great and supports my mopar maddness, she's into it too. spoke to Randy on the phone and away we went. took 3 days off and made a little vacation out of it.
  we met Randy and his wife, excellent people. i hope to spend more time with them in the future. he's got a killer supebee. looks like the day it came out of the factory. real nice garage set up too. got 2 fenders, hood, headlght motor and rod. at a decent price and met to outstanding people. i love it when a plan comes together.
  this is the second time that i used the classifieds from this forum . thats where i bought my 69 se. from another nice guy.
it's great to have a place like this . where you can meet interesting people that have the same intrests as each other and get some rare parts.  Maine was cool, went swimming , water is alittle cold but not bad. ate alot of lobster, vey cool. 
  now i'm looking foward to the next Mopar road trip

Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Chris G.

Randy's a good guy. Hopefully his '70 Charger will be done soon, so we can see how nice it looks next to his Bee, which you can all see here... http://1970chargerregistry.com/Gallery/MoparsGalore/DSC00112   look at that interior   :drool5:

Rene, no pics from the trip? What's up with that?   Must have been a bit of a culture shock going to Maine huh? Me and you are surrounded by traffic and tight garage's, not to mention people in bad moods all the time. (I'm in Essex co.)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

70 Battle Horse

Rene , The pleasure was all mine....You and your wife made my night!! Gotta love   people who jump in a truck and deal with North East traffic for 6 hrs for the hunt of parts :o I hope to catch up with you two again soon, I hope you enjoyed your quick stay in York county...Did you go to Old Orchard Beech?? How about Kenebunk Lower Villiage / Port?? I wish I coulda played tour guide for ya , This is a great area ...in the summer months = not that much fun in January :rotz: unless you like ice fishing / snowmobiling/skiing :yesnod:Hey please post some pics of your cars here!! I would love to check em out!!! WE ALL LOVE PICS !!!!
Chris, thanks for the kind words as well... I had the opportunity to drool over your Charger at Carlisle this year = OUTSTANDING!! I was going to be a smart ass and slip a registry flier under the ropes :devil:... but I didn't want to litter your display :angel:

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Old Moparz

I was in Maine once almost 20 years ago & never saw any Chargers.  ???

My 6 year old daughter & I love those road trips too. My wife is okay with them because she can relax & read, but I sometimes think she'd rather be camping at a bluegrass festival & playing music until the sun comes up.  :musik010:

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

psykicpup

:)....thats the whole point of the forum something between collegues & family........
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

70 Battle Horse

Rene, Here is our home @ 6 months ago..... thats the kind of weather to stay cooped up in the garage and make progress on the project :yesnod:

moparjohn

70 Battle Horse, I love to vacation in Maine too! (sorry) I usually stop in Wells and head up yo Acadia.  I have to give you credit 5-6 months without your car on the road must be tough. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

BigBlockSam

hey Chris
me and Randy talked alittle about you and your killer ride. isn't his garage great. me and Nurit are looking for a nice place in nj to build a house with some acreage. so i can build my monster garage.

Holy snow bat man!  thats alot of snow. winters sure are long up in maine. we spent most or our time up by Old Orchard Beech. i haven't seen an old time amusement park since i was a kid. that was cool. we bought take out at the lobster claw and ate it on the beach. it was mellow, kinda needed that. lately life has been tugging at me from all directions. it was nice just to relax. met some cool people, got some great parts. i'm taking fenders and hood to the media blaster this week. gonna keep my fingers crossed with the hood. i should be able to save it. the skin on it is great.
  your 70 charger sure is begging for a big daytona wing on the back.  >:D  it's looking great . alot of potential. take care. Rene + Nurit

i will send you some pics of my cars.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Great story!

Is it me or does Battle Horse have the ultimate car guy house where the garage is bigger than the house!  Awesome! :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on August 27, 2005, 05:33:30 AM
Great story!

Is it me or does Battle Horse have the ultimate car guy house where the garage is bigger than the house!   Awesome! :cheers:
When It came time to build the garage , that was my thought exactly !!! the house is 32 X 24 ... garage is 32 X 26 !! I just had to have it a bit bigger than the house....for now any way. I plan on a connecting breeze way and an addition to the house in the future.....maybe after the Charger is done though :icon_smile_big:

Nupe

Wish I could have met you too!  It sure has been a nice summer here for a change.  Especially after that winter.  :rotz:  Reminds me that it is time to move some place warm before the evil white stuff returns. 

Randy still needs to make up his mind what to do with his 70 for a drivetrain.  I still have that 440 core with your name on it.  :devil:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

andy74

maine in the winter is like here in upstate new york,snow up to your eye balls half the frigging year! and it does suck haveing your ride parked for 5 or 6 months!

BigBlockSam

i would luv to have met more of our brother members. did you say 440. i'm always looking for 440 motors. if Randy doesn't take it let me know . what yr is it. Randy build that 440 he's got . kicks the crap out of a 383. Rene

hotrod98

Hey Rene,
I built my dream place. 40 x 50 shop with a 3 bedroom detached house. :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on August 26, 2005, 06:16:52 PM
Rene , The pleasure was all mine....You and your wife made my night!! Gotta love   people who jump in a truck and deal with North East traffic for 6 hrs for the hunt of parts :o I hope to catch up with you two again soon, I hope you enjoyed your quick stay in York county...Did you go to Old Orchard Beech?? How about Kenebunk Lower Villiage / Port?? I wish I coulda played tour guide for ya , This is a great area ...in the summer months = not that much fun in January :rotz: unless you like ice fishing / snowmobiling/skiing :yesnod:Hey please post some pics of your cars here!! I would love to check em out!!! WE ALL LOVE PICS !!!!
Chris, thanks for the kind words as well... I had the opportunity to drool over your Charger at Carlisle this year = OUTSTANDING!! I was going to be a smart ass and slip a registry flier under the ropes :devil:... but I didn't want to litter your display :angel:

My family loves York County!
We were there in June. Kittery to Kennebunport.
I had a training session in Billerica, MA and we drove up to Maine a couple of times. It's about an hour.

My wife's Aunt and Uncle used to own an Inn in Ogunquit - The Black Lantern. That's how we know about the area/
Now, it's called Pink Blossums or something or other..
The beaches there are amazing! (and I hate beaches) Although, there were way more than a few "couples" in Ogunquit that my 13 year old had a hard time understanding. She's not that naive but she's never seen it so out there before. I know. They cater to that market...  :shruggy:
Peggy's Cove and the marginal Way - great scenery, food, shops.
Kittery = outlet stores, but I did see a Dart Swinger for sale there.
Kenebunkport = tourist trap, but it's real nice there and the shtuff they sell in the shops is nice, too. Don't forget the Wedding Cake House.
Lots of great scenery everywhere.

One day, I'd love to get a tour of the stuff that's not in the tourist guides.

70 Battle Horse

"My wife's Aunt and Uncle used to own an Inn in Ogunquit - The Black Lantern. That's how we know about the area/
Now, it's called Pink Blossums or something or other
"

Do they happen to live in a new condo development in Wells = Spinnaker Ridge?? = Mrs and Mrs Desalvo.... :icon_smile_shock:

70 Battle Horse

70 Battle Horse