News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Since when..

Started by psykicpup, August 26, 2005, 07:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psykicpup

was this site purely for automotive discussion.....
I get the feeling that some people resent the the general chat & friendliness that happens on this board.
if people only want to see that sort of thing then Troy has supplied little arrow buttons so you can ignore the banter if you don't want it!

sorry if I'm out of order ..please feel free to flame me on this one but as this site has got larger it seems to have lost the general good feeling & freedom to to start a topic on ANY subject, banal or not or fore that matter to reply in anyway you see fit.

if a subject makes me smile- I will post a smilie..I may even post a reply if I have something new to add but I don't see why that should make me a post whore just because i want to share my feelings...I smile when talking face to face with my friends so why not here..

OK starting to take this far to personally.. I'll shut up
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Stormhammer

ah no worries - dont mind them - most of them are a bunch of old farts anywho  :icon_smile_approve:

just kidding guys!  :icon_smile_dead:

no worries about this being too serious - you've never seen a political thread... and a debate b/t ChargerBill and Old Moparz  :icon_smile_cool:

post whore? nah - some people have ALOT more than you

and in the end, its the internet, post what you want, within reason of course ( this is a family oriented message board )

take it easy  ;D

TheGhost

I remember during the elections last year... ChargerBill would get into it with TK, John Kunkel, etc...  Many threads were hijacked, and many others were locked.  I have yet to see anything here that compares to those.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Lowprofile

If you got something to say, say it! Who cares what anybody else thinks.......[don't worry. they'll let you know!! lol]

Freedom of speech & expression are both beautiful things! I try to use them wisely, but alas, sometimes fail. :rotz: Nuntheless, I will continue to pontificate, hoping that my verbalization's in script form will inspire my fellow lovers of nocturnal rantings and copious postings to continue onward and upwards to soaring heights of both flagrent posts and passionate debate over such life and death struggles as "Whats the correct P/N for the trim ring around the cigarette lighter on my 68 SE"or the ever popular "The do's & dont's of barbecuing on a budget".And lets not forget all the discussions about that Thespian masterpiece "The Dukes of Hazzard".

In other words, Its all good   [as long as Troy says so]   :D :D :D

:popcrn:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Just 6T9 CHGR

QuoteIn other words, Its all good  [as long as Troy says so]   

And Neil & I ;)

Rulez is rulez no matter how you sugarcoat it......

Pup, you'd never make it over at Moparts......the Gestapo reigns over there......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

andy74

:iagree: a lot of the time moparts is like nazi germany,i dont spend a lot of time there any ways,because most everybody here is so friendly and helpful! the post whore comment that i made yesterday wasnt a personal attack on anyone,just a statement.if i want to read something i usually will,and contribute if i can.some people,even in a general nothing to do with cars post can just drag shit out forever :ahum:no harm meant,just think we need to police ourselves :police:,so that troy doesnt have too :horse:

stay cool-ever one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

IBsmokin

Man with some of the threads I have started or even other peoples threads I have highjacked and turned into something they were not,,, I am surprise that Troy hasnt booted my ass!!! :icon_smile_big:
Low Profile says "Freedom of speech & expression are both beautiful things!"   That Nut lives by that code, you should see half the things he writes!   LMAO!   I am suprise he and I both havent been banned yet,   I know Wakko and Sublime are investigating our every move!!   :police: :scope: :smoke: :smilielol:   oops there I go again!

Steve P.

I guess I missed what was said or who said it, but WHO CARES???? Do what you do and say what you say..

Maybe someone was just having a bad day...  It happens!!

Cheers :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RD

post away i say.  an active forum is a good forum.  who would want to be here if they would only see one to two posts per thread?

more threads and posts, the merrier i say, as long as they are pretty much in tune with what the board stands for and the topic of the thread initiated.

i go by three things when i post:

1) does it need to be said

2) will my words cause offense in a malicious way

3) refer to 1 & 2

stick to those two (ahem) three rules and you can post about anything.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Nupe

This site is great because people know how to take a joke and if they find something offensive like certain words, they deal with it in a mature manner.  Usually by ignoring it unlike Moparts where it becomes some big issue.

Moparts used to be my main hangout, but the mods are way out of control and I'm tired of all the "do gooders" who must live in a perfect world.

Plus this site has a strong third gen following.  Every time one came up on Moparts it was "those third gens aint worth nothin'".   ::)

Thanks again to Troy for keeping this site alive!   :musik010: :cheers:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

NHCharger

Quote from: Nupe on August 27, 2005, 04:56:28 PM

Plus this site has a strong third gen following.  Every time one came up on Moparts it was "those third gens aint worth nothin'".   ::)

Nupe, Don't you know that we are considered the redheaded step children of the Mopar world.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

41husk

well my frien all I can say is if the worst you have been called is a post whore, You are lucky you don't live with my wife :rotz:  Hell at my house post whore would be a compliment :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TeeWJay426

Quote from: Nupe on August 27, 2005, 04:56:28 PM

Oh, man.... been there and done that..... almost came to blows with some jackazz over there when I posted a WIW on a '74 SE I'm looking at buying. There are a good bunch of folks there, but you have to put up with a lot of idiots to find 'em! Definitely a better atmosphere here- kudos to again to Troy for the ressurection of the site!

By the way, kinda strayed from the original intent of this post.... as far as I'm concerned, that's why we have an 'off topic' area..... to speak up with whatever is on your mind, independent of any connection to 4 wheels!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

NHCharger

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on August 27, 2005, 05:17:27 PM

almost came to blows with some jackazz over there when I posted a WIW on a '74 SE I'm looking at buying.

Careful, you don't want to offend a MoparGod. :smilielol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TeeWJay426

Quote from: NHCharger on August 27, 2005, 05:47:30 PM

Careful, you don't want to offend a MoparGod. :smilielol:

Think I may get a one-way ticket to Mopar purgatory???  :lol:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Lowprofile

I think they call that Chevy-ville! :icon_smile_shock: :D :D :D :iagree:

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

69_500

This site is definately more laid back than Moparts. Even in the off topic section over there you will get reemed if its not about a car, or if your not one of their favorite posters. Which is the reason I don't spend much time if any over there.

Here however I'll admit I read a lot of the off t opic discussions but i think that a lot of them could be talked about elsewhere as well.

Lowprofile

Quote from: 69_500 on August 28, 2005, 03:30:23 PM

Here however I'll admit I read a lot of the off topic discussions but i think that a lot of them could be talked about elsewhere as well.

That's why this section is called Off-Topic Discussions. :icon_smile_shock:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

6pkrunner

Automotive chit chat can only go on for so long. Hopefully everyone has more character to them than work and Mopars. There has to be other interests in one's life. This is what makes it interesting. While some threads may go off into la-la land, so what? Part of our make up. Insultsa and trashing each other isn't fun, but discussing the merits of a 292 cam over a 284 for three months may get to be a tad boring.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on August 27, 2005, 05:17:27 PM

By the way, kinda strayed from the original intent of this post.... as far as I'm concerned, that's why we have an 'off topic' area..... to speak up with whatever is on your mind, independent of any connection to 4 wheels!
:iagree: I rather enjoy the 'off topic' area because of the wide variety of topics at hand.
Admittedly, I post a lot & maybe it's offensive to some people to see my screen name repeated a few times in some threads...but that's their problem, not mine. I read most of the threads in 'off topic' & 'general discussion' and feel compelled to reply to many of them, dammit. :icon_smile_big:

At least I changed my offending Avatar... :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

I am not saying that you shouldn't have an off topic section, but I just think that with this being started up and people calling it a family site, that there are plenty of topics that don't fall into those categories.