News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona on Ebay, (scam???)

Started by 451-74Charger, July 22, 2005, 09:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

451-74Charger

**Link Removed**

For someone with such a historic car, you would have at least thought he could do a spell check, or a better layout
it just seems a little strange to be genuine

hotrod98

Don't know. The scams usually have a buy it now. Might be legit.
If someone lives in the area, they might ask to see the car.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

RD

for more info call

702-228-0146 or 702-415-0129

hell, give em a call! then post what ya find out  ;D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mustanghater

I've seen pics of that car with different rims on it
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

hemigeno

Obviously the seller hasn't sold much on eBay.  For what he's selling, that's one of the worst ads I've seen.

The VIN is on the Daytona shipping list.  If they would post the Fender tag info, I could check out a few more things (and Chris could add it to the Registry too!!).  Again, even though the car is probably legit, doesn't mean the auction is.

???

triple_green

A zero feedback seller. I'd be very careful. Also, I'd bet he could get any of those pictures in the auction off of the internet.

I would ask lots of questions and instruct him to post the answers in the auction/ad as well. Also I would have someone go see the car and talk to him in person. Ask him to produce a copy of the title.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Dodge-Charger

NO SALE This car has a deposit on it as of today @ 2:24 est. It supposed to be sold he says.

451-74Charger

if its sold.....why is it still listed on Ebay?
all seems rather odd

KMPX2

I see nothing about the auction that would say scam. Just a new seller that is not up to speed  on selling

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

Wow that's a bad auction ad. How about the "Standing Tall" bumper sticker stuck to the nose? I bet the new owner will keep that! ;D

Dodge-Charger

He sounds like an old guy just tryin to get out from under it. He told me  " untill I find out what this other guy is doing I dont see the need to discuss it, He is supposed to of sent me a deposit on the car. I'll find out later if he has or not. I'm true to my word so I dont want to give any info on a car that has a deal on it. "  He also said that if the guy backs out he will let me know.

It dont sound like a scam to me, just someone who it to internet savvy. .02

RD

did you see it shot up to 60,000 bux!!  :o :o
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: hemigeno on July 22, 2005, 01:06:28 PM
Obviously the seller hasn't sold much on eBay. For what he's selling, that's one of the worst ads I've seen.

The VIN is on the Daytona shipping list. If they would post the Fender tag info, I could check out a few more things (and Chris could add it to the Registry too!!). Again, even though the car is probably legit, doesn't mean the auction is.

???

Added it already ;)      I have the next #560 numerically higher Hemi Daytona as well ;)  :icon_smile_cool:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

KMPX2

What makes you guys think it is a scam? There is a reserve that has not been met at over $60K It is not a 3 day auction. This has no markings of a scam. So tell me what you think.

hotrod98

I still think it's legit, just out of my price range...lol

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Dodge-Charger

I dont think its a scam. I was just postin what he said to me.

Ghoste

And never be fooled into thinking a well styled ad or good spelling means no scam or that bad diction means run.

BigBlockSam

they were talking about it on the winged warrior board. it's not a scam. he just can't spell. remember , never send money to anyone on ebay ,go get the car with a cashiers check in pocket. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

I knew a guy once that bought a number of cars off the internet, sight unseen.  Of the half dozen that I know of, he never got burned once.  Nothing there but horseshoes, four leaf clovers, rabbit's feet,  and all the luck in the world.
With all the peole who do get burned that way (and let's face it, it started years before with people buying cars over the phone without checking them out), I can't understand why anyone would buy a car without seeing it first.

Drache

It's happen both ways with friends of mine. One bought a chevelle sight unseen and got burned for it, my other friend bought a Cuda sight unseen and it was even better that what he had figured.

As for me, I'm not going to try my luck!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Daytona Guy

This car is interesting. It has been in many shows. It was in a show in Arizona last year. I have pics of it. I though it was a clone at first, maybe one that I had done, because it had 70 front fenders that still had the 70 side markers in it and the lower valance was smooth. This is a very rough car. If someone can get it for the right price and can convert it back to an original, or restore this as a historical car, it may be a good investment.

Silver R/T

ya its real no scam here looks like
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

A383Wing

I think that car was at the Winged Warrior meet in Talladega in 1999 the we went to. I could be wrong....most people think I am...

Bryan   :drive:

Daytona Guy

Quote from: A383Wing on July 23, 2005, 11:11:37 PM
I think that car was at the Winged Warrior meet in Talladega in 1999 the we went to. I could be wrong....most people think I am...

Bryan     :drive:

Bryan, Good to hear from you. Looks like you made it to this new place. How is your Daytona? Got any new pics?