News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think of these wheels?

Started by mikes68charger, October 26, 2006, 10:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes68charger

DC_1

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

whitehatspecial

Too 'spensive for my pocketbook. Cragar SS still my favorite.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

471_Magnum

Quote from: whitehatspecial on October 26, 2006, 10:23:11 AM
Too 'spensive for my pocketbook.

I came to the same conclusion a couple years ago when I was in the market for 17's. I paid less than half as much for my Hotwheels "sixty-eights" (which I have since traded for 15" TTOs). Those are nice... but $400/ea... dang.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

mikes68charger

Do you have a pic with your charger with the hot wheels? and there sizes? I cant see the rims you have on very well ether.
Thanks Mike

I want 17s I was looking into 20s but I now think it will be to big. These are more than I want to pay but I like the colors and look.
Can anyone photo shop a 68 charger with the magnum's

71charger_fan

Wheel styles. Buy what you like. Personally, I've seen the billet rallyes on a couple of cars and I think they're hideous. The owners of those cars obviously disagree. Put what you like on your car.

471_Magnum

Quote from: mikes68charger on October 26, 2006, 01:20:36 PM
Do you have a pic with your charger with the hot wheels? and there sizes? I cant see the rims you have on very well ether.

255-17-50 on 17x8 front
275-17-50 on 17x9 rear

zero offset on both.

I think this combo would look killer with the billet magnums. That was my original vision, but the magnums were way beyond my budget.

Front clearance was tight... maybe too tight. Had to be careful traversing curbs with the wheel cranked. I'd probably go with a slightly smaller tire in front if I were to do it again.  Out back I might consider 18's for slightly better tire selection.

I just couldn't put the power to the pavement with the short sidewalls, so I went back to the retro-look and installed drag radials.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."