News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

17x9.5 wheels

Started by 68MoparCharger, October 26, 2006, 09:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68MoparCharger

I have a 1968 Dodge Charger, no rear suspension upgrades. And an 8 3/4 rearend, stock springs (not r/t), and stock drums. Will 17 x 9.5 wheels with 4.5" backspacing fit?  Because I've seen you guys recommend 15 x 10 with 5" backspacing. What backspacing would you guys go with..I'd like to run at least 295 tires maybe max 315 with lower sidewalls than on 15" rims to keep it under 29" tall.  Thanks alot.
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!" - Metallica

471_Magnum

Go with 5.25" back space on a 9.5 rim. Zero offset is the key. That will have the wheel perfectly centered for maximum clearance.

I ran 275-50-17s (28") tires on 17x9 rims. Fit was perfect with 5.0" back space (zero offset).

If your stock springs are sagging at all, you'll want to consider upgrading. Compress the suspension fully and even 275s will rub inside the wheel well.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."