News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Disc Brake Kit

Started by ANTT, October 30, 2006, 10:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANTT

Does anyone make a 1966 front disc brake kit that has the calipers in the original location or will clear the swaybar if front mounted?

Anyone use White Post restorations for caliper rebuild? I've hear really good comments on White Post, but the $80-$100 per piston cost will put me potentially up to $800 just in the caliper rebuild.

Thanks!

66mopar

66 models had two different type of sway bars. Early in the model year the sway bar connected to the strut bar. On later 66's the bar connected to the lCA. With the earier cars the disk brake calipers can be mounted forward with no clearence problems. The later 66's  are usually mounted to the rear to prevent clearence problems. I have a 66 belvedere that has the early set up and I was able to mount the caliper forward.

As for as the kit is concern I used all mopar items from the web site that most people are familiar with which includes the 11 3/4 rotors and they work great.

http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html