News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What kind of fuel concoctions are you using?

Started by Afflyer, August 27, 2005, 10:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

:icon_smile_approve:  I'm curious to know what kind of fuel mixing any of you are using with your 383's or 440's.  When I was back in Little Rock, I would mix 5 gallons of AVGAS (100 low-lead) for every full tank of 93 octane.

But since I've been down here in Florida, I can't find a local airport who will sell me the small amount of AVGAS for my mixture- not to mention the price is nearly $5.00 a gallon.

So, in the interest of putting lead into the old 440 and maximizing the octane, while keeping the costs less than insane, what are you guys doing and how do your engines perform?

Bradley  :devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

4cruzin

I usually run Turbo Blue 110 and premium 93 on a 50/50 mix!!  Works for me pretty well!!   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Silver R/T

just whatever I can afford, nothing special done to engine, and Im not planning on high comp build up, so pump fuel will do just fine for me
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

I use a product called Ethos FR in all my engines. It helps a lot for fuel mileage and combustion. The other day my mower wouldn't run on that stupid Shell gas (again) so I poured a couple ounces of Ethos in it and it fired right up. It's good stuff and it increases the fuel economy in my pickup by 2 mpg usually.

http://www.ethosnw.com/

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T