News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help I Need 1969 E-Brake Pic's

Started by B5 Charger, November 05, 2006, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B5 Charger

I am trying to restore my e-brake and the release arm is bent.  I need some pic's of a '69 e-brake installed so I know what shape the release arm is supposed to be in.  I also need to figure out the mounting hardware.  Any help is greatly appreciated.   ;)

bull

If no one beats me to it I'll post pictures of the one for my '68 tonight or tomorrow. The one that's in my car is all goofed up so I bought a nice one to replace it.

B5 Charger

Back N Black

Here's a couple.

B5 Charger

Back N Black

Yup,
just finished it a couple of days ago.

B5 Charger

What did you do to it specifically.  I am getting ready to do mine but everything is riveted together.   >:(

Back N Black

Quote from: B5 Charger on November 07, 2006, 01:01:23 PM
What did you do to it specifically. I am getting ready to do mine but everything is riveted together. >:(
I used a Dremel tool with the sanding drum to reach the hard to get places and hand sanding,then wire wheel.

BlueSS454

I restored the parking brake assembly on my 69 as well.  I sandblasted it, blew it out real good to make sure there was no residual sand.  Then I painted it accordingly and finished by hitting all the pivots and lock mechanism with white lithium grease.  It's as good as new.
Tom Rightler

bull

Well, there you go. Good thing these other fellas stepped in because my daughter busted my digital camera shortly after I promised you a picture. :icon_smile_angry:

B5 Charger

Well thanks anyway Bull and thank you to all who posted pics.  Does anybody have any pics of the installed parking brake?  I forgot to take one of mine before disassembly.  Thanks

MTPOCKET

Here is a picture hope it helps you out. And love that b5 blue looks great :thumbs: