News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The big one..There she blows!!!

Started by Telvis, August 28, 2005, 03:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

I've been watching Fox new coverage of hurricane Katrina. It's looking like this could be the big one everyone has worried about. If any of you live in New Orleans and the other Gulf Coast area's in her path please be safe. Get the heck out of there. Hopefully this one will fizzle out. Unfortunately from what they are saying it doesn't look good. Godspeed!

Lowprofile

At 5:12 pm, 175mph catagory 5.....Gusts to 210 mph :rotz:

GOD BE WITH YOU ALL WHO ARE THERE. :engel016: :patriot:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

emily

As usual, there are some folks there who have said to the news media that they are going to party and ride the hurricaine out.  *sigh*  Since New Orleans is below sea level and there are no sewers or storm drains in the city, not to mention the over 200 mph winds, I seriously have to question the intelligence of some humans.  Law enforcement is begging people to leave the area for the sake of their children, families and friends.

Guess there's just no reasoning with some folks.

Take care everyone, stay safe please.

TruckDriver

Natures way of thining the heard so to speak You can't protect the stupid from them selves.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

"Much of New Orleans lies six feet below sea level, but some areas are 20ft below." :o   How the heck do they normally keep the ocean out? That's like asking to die! I got the weather channel on and the one guy from the Weather Channel in New Orleans just said they might of screwed up by going there to cover this.... wow!

Just wait for the gas prices to jump now after this....................... can you say $3.50 a gallon....
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

Steve P.

Looks like it's time to get Chryco back in the OIL business...... :devil:

Come on Canada... We need more of your oil...........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TheGhost

And to think, it was just supposed to be a minor storm...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

NHCharger

I just saw that some of the fishermen and their families are going to try and ride out the storm on their fishing boats. One woman was holding an infant in her arms.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Telvis

DarkAngel0816

I was freaked enough when a Tropical Storm that had once been a Hurriance (it was teethering between) went over the part of Florida I was living in at the time. 

You better believe I would ride a damn bicycle to get away from New Orleans with this storm.  I do have family a little North of it who are pretty freaked.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Steve P.

Quote from: Telvis on August 28, 2005, 08:52:47 PM
Pretty scary.   :rotz:

PRETTY STUPID... These people have all seen what the monster is capable of!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TruckDriver

Escpecially when computer models are saying parts of the city could end up under 30 feet of water now.
PETE

chrisII

i was supposed to go to mardi gras this next year..im affraid that wont be happening now. hopefully things are not as bad as predicted but that would almost be a miracle.

hemihead

Anybody see the movie on TV a little while back about rising gas prices then a major storm hitting New Orleans? Some Hollywood writer was tuned in.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Shakey

Quote from: Steve P. on August 28, 2005, 08:43:11 PM

Well share the oil with you after you pay the $5B you owe us for the softwood lumber!  ;D

Shakey

Quote from: chrisII on August 28, 2005, 09:46:55 PM
i was supposed to go to mardi gras this next year..im affraid that wont be happening now. hopefully things are not as bad as predicted but that would almost be a miracle.

The streets will be nice and clean for a change!  ;D

41husk

News said New Orleans will be spared the feared direct hit, but power out at Superdome and damage to the roof.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

It's all real funny until someone gets hurt, then it hilarious. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Drache

Quote from: Steve P. on August 28, 2005, 08:43:11 PM

Let our beef back into your country and stop taxing our soft wood to the hilt and maybe you'll get more oil!  :P :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on August 29, 2005, 10:18:00 AM
It's all real funny until someone gets hurt, then it hilarious. :icon_smile_blackeye:
I was laughing at this quote from a storm survivor who decided not to evacuate...

QuoteSpencer said he decided to ignore the call to evacuate when two of his neighbors said they were going to stay put.

“That kind of gave me the courage … or the stupidity to go ahead and stay out too,” he said.

But when Katrina stormed ashore as a Category 4 hurricane Monday morning, Spencer quickly discovered that he had sorely underestimated the storm’s power. When his beachfront home began filling with water, he said he used his grandson’s mini-surfboard to paddle around the house until the water got too high.

“I anticipated it being bad, but not nearly as severe as it turned out,” he said. “The house just filled up with water. It forced me into the attic and then I ended up kicking out the wall and climbing out to a tree.”
I bet he doesn't stick around next time. :icon_smile_big:

I am sorry for the people who lost their lives, yes even for the ones who were like this guy & decided to stay with their homes.  :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)