News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

low beam problem with headlights

Started by koshe, November 11, 2006, 10:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koshe

I have a 69 Charger, the low beams do not work. No power to the plug at light. All 4 lights work on high beam. The dimmer switch was replaced. Same issue. All other lights OK. Any ideas???

resq302

Just a possibilitly but how is the connection for the wire going to the low beam lights at the junction box at the firewall and the wire harness plug located in the wiring near the battery?  If you have corrosion on the plug, could cause the low beams to not work.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Nacho-RT74

only stuff to check is:
-check for rust or loosen terminal at bulkhead.
-loosen terminal or broken wire betweeen foot switch and bulkhead.
-loosen or broken wire on front lightning harness.

Wire that feeds both beams is the same up to foot switch so definitelly is not the light switch or wire that feeds it.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chryco Psycho

there are 2 filiments in the low beam bulbs so even if it works on high beam the low beam could be burned out , But you did say you cheacked for power at the low beam connector so probably not