News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

steering box input connection

Started by AmadeusCharger500, November 15, 2006, 10:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

The car I am working did not have a reservoir box or hoses hooked up. I am trying to piece things back together. I found a reservoir and brackets that work but the fitting for the pressure hose is missing from the gear box. Since the fitting for the hose is female and so is the hole in the gear box, I thought I would just put a connector with having male ends on both sides. Well this is not available from the auto store. I tried using a short piece of brake line of the same size, and it leaks all over. I assume the fitting is not the right type.

So on to my question. Where can I get the correct fitting. Is it still available in stores. It is a simple plumbing thing but I don't really know what I am asking for, i.e flare, tube or whatever. Would I have better luck at a hardware store. Or do I have to treck out to a boneyard for this.

Chryco Psycho

I have not found a new source for them , I did make a steel hose fitting work or you can hit the wreckers for the correct fitting

TylerCharger69

I had to resort to using an inverted flare fitting.   Also...after looking at an exploded view of the steering box, I discovered that there is a spring that is located right beneath that fitting.  But....are you speaking of the "return" line  or the "pressure" line??