News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOS or New Reproduction 68 grille, anyone know of a supplier?

Started by keithcuda, November 15, 2006, 06:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithcuda

I'm looking to convert the 1969 grille on my 68 back to how it should be.
The fire service broke the 69 grille when the previous owner set fire to the engine bay then shut the hood.
So i'd like to have all new parts for when i restore the car to a nice standard.
Not numbers matching so don't mind getting reproduction.
I will then be selling whats good thats left.

So anyone know of a store or supplier that does grilles?
1972 Plymouth Cuda Owner
1968 Dodge Charger Owner
www.flatratracing.com

SFbullitt

I wish I had some help....I need a 69 grill and I know your pain.  If I could start making fenders and grilles I'd be rich.

chgr500

What do you think an NOS centre grille and both side sections would be worth.  I know of a possible set NOS It's for a 68.  I know his asking price and it's not cheap,  but I have never seen it personally as don't have any use it for it.  This a recent contact so I think it may likely still be available. I could check into it further if you can say what it would be worth to you. Not looking to get rich off it, but some profit for time involved.   Shipping would be from west coast of Canada  Ron

bull

Keep checking on Ebay, Hemmings, Craigslist, etc., for used bits and pieces, or the whole thing. The only thing being reproduced right now is the metal trim for '68s but there are maybe one or two companies out there working on making the plastic parts. Some of the nicer, complete grilles I've seen on Ebay have sold for $800-$1,000 recently. Also there are some parts that are interchangeable between '68 and '69 such as most mechanical parts, the headlight surrounds and some of the trim so try to save what you can of yours for spare parts. IMO I wouldn't mess with reproduction stuff on grille parts unless you're missing a couple parts because grilles can be refurbished to look perfect. Basically it's just a matter of cleaning them up and painting them.

dads_69

What is the name of the guy who is making grilles that (C.A. aka Jude) knows in California?
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on November 21, 2006, 07:01:42 PM
Keep checking on Ebay, Hemmings, Craigslist, etc., for used bits and pieces, or the whole thing. The only thing being reproduced right now is the metal trim for '68s but there are maybe one or two companies out there working on making the plastic parts. Some of the nicer, complete grilles I've seen on Ebay have sold for $800-$1,000 recently. Also there are some parts that are interchangeable between '68 and '69 such as the headlight doors, mechanical parts and some of the trim so try to save what you can of yours for spare parts. IMO I wouldn't mess with reproduction stuff on grille parts unless you're missing a couple parts because grilles can be refurbished to look perfect. Basically it's just a matter of cleaning them up and painting them.

Bull, The head light doors are not the same from 68 to 69 either, the 68 only has one arrow or RT badge on it.
The 69 has both the Charger and RT badge on it, common mistake  ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Whoa! How did I never notice that? I guess I can't stop looking at the '68s long anough to notice the '69s. :icon_smile_approve: Are they the same otherwise?

Rocking Ghost

Quote from: bull on November 21, 2006, 07:01:42 PM
Keep checking on Ebay, Hemmings, Craigslist, etc., for used bits and pieces, or the whole thing. The only thing being reproduced right now is the metal trim for '68s but there are maybe one or two companies out there working on making the plastic parts. Some of the nicer, complete grilles I've seen on Ebay have sold for $800-$1,000 recently. Also there are some parts that are interchangeable between '68 and '69 such as the headlight doors, mechanical parts and some of the trim so try to save what you can of yours for spare parts. IMO I wouldn't mess with reproduction stuff on grille parts unless you're missing a couple parts because grilles can be refurbished to look perfect. Basically it's just a matter of cleaning them up and painting them.
I need the section around the right headlight for my -68. Is it the same on -69?
Thanks

Charger-Bodie

68's also have bezals around the h/ls so it mimics the grille when the door are open unlike 69 when they must have decided it was not worth the extra expense
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Rocking Ghost

Quote from: 1hot68 on December 20, 2006, 08:33:24 AM
68's also have bezals around the h/ls so it mimics the grille when the door are open unlike 69 when they must have decided it was not worth the extra expense

OK! If I get hold on a -69 right grille section, could I mount my -68 headlight bezel to it?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Rocking Ghost on December 22, 2006, 05:16:23 AM
Quote from: 1hot68 on December 20, 2006, 08:33:24 AM

OK! If I get hold on a -69 right grille section, could I mount my -68 headlight bezel to it?
yes because the bezal mounts to the grille frame ,onto the same metal part the headlights mount
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............